Quality Engineer II
This position will start off on 1st shift but move to 3rd shift later this summer.
As a Quality Engineer, you will:
• Investigate product quality problems
• Determines root cause for quality problems
• Gathers and analyzes data and implements corrective action to reduce or eliminate non-value waste resulting from non-conformances, scrap or reclaim
• Assists in identifying, communicating and resolving supplier quality problems
• Document quality issues within tracking system and analyze data correlations
• Provides training to UAW assembler, inspectors, technicians and auditors on quality procedures and tools to monitor critical processes to assure consistent control and/or to implement cost-saving ideas to improve our products to meet customer expectations
• Support continuous improvement projects across departments
• Support department team for ongoing Safety, Quality and Efficiency goals
• Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or Technology discipline.
• 1 or more years of factory experience required
• Must be able to understand general assembly manufacturing and terminology
• Able to communicate and interact effectively with cross-functional teams
• Needs ability to read and interpret engineering and manufacturing drawings
More than 75% time spent on shop floor. Metatarsal safety shoes required for first day. Position will be onsite on the first day. No driving for this position. Interviews will be conducted via Teams.