Alternative Text Student Employee
Computer and technologically savvy? Detail oriented? Do you have an interest in understanding why disability work is foundational to equity and inclusion? Then Student Disability Center is the place for you! We’re looking for student employees to convert traditional textbooks into an electronic format. For 10 hr/week you will be working in a fun office that helps support fellow students with disabilities. The position is for the spring and fall semesters. The remainder of this spring semester will be dedicated to training on specific formats and software.
· Separating and scanning physical textbooks into a digital format
· Editing and converting documents into an accessible digital format
· This position requires performing important duties that involve working with various computer software programs such as: Adobe DC, Microsoft Word and Powerpoint, TextAloud, OmniPage
· Attending development opportunities centered around diversity, equity, and inclusion
· The job is self-paced, so we’re also looking for students who are self-motivated.
You will be trained to work with various computer software programs (Adobe DC, Microsoft Word, OmniPage, TextAloud) so it’s important that you pick up on things easily and have attention to detail. The job is self-paced, so we’re also looking for students who are self-motivated. You must be able to attend general office training the week before school starts for the fall semester.
· Proficienct in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat/DC
· Ability to work independently and efficiently
· Ability to critically evaluate and solve problems
· Reliability, accuracy, excellent communication, and exceptional attention to detail are highly preferred skills for this position.
You must have work-study, be self-motivated, and have careful attention to detail. A good attitude is also a must!
*Position is flexible in terms of remote versus in person work. During a typical semester, work would be completed in-person.
Work-study Only Position: This is a work-study position; applicant must be eligible for work-study to apply and attach a screenshot of their work study award.
Hourly Pay Rate: $12.32
Benefit Information: Employee Benefit information can be found on HR’s Website.
Number of Openings: 1
Start Date: August 16th; General office training week before classes begin in the fall semester
Background Check: Colorado State University may conduct background checks on all final candidates