Digital Services Coordinator
United Soccer League
Job Title: Digital Services Coordinator
Position Type: Full-Time In Person Duties
Location: Tampa, FL (USL Headquarters)
Overview of the United Soccer League (USL)
The United Soccer League (USL) is the largest and fastest-growing professional soccer organization in North America, possessing more than a decade of experience in bringing the world’s game to communities across the United States and Canada. Overseeing the USL Championship (USSF Division II), USL League One (USSF Division III), and USL League Two (Pre-Professional), the organization is built on a proven and recognized model in international football and counts more than 125 clubs in its membership.
Based in Tampa, Fla., the USL has grown during the past decade into a model organization with strong corporate partnerships and stable organizational leadership. It features a dedicated staff of more than 60 professionals across 15 departments ranging from operations, digital, communications and club services, each of which provides unparalleled support to member clubs and outside partners. Sanctioned by the U.S. Soccer Federation, the USL is #UnitedForSoccer, moving the game forward in North America.
This entry-level Coordinator plays an integral role in the maintenance of league and team digital channels such as websites and mobile applications, including building, maintaining and optimizing pages, device display, testing informational architecture, and publishing content.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conceptualize, build and publish new pages to support league initiatives.
- Work alongside communications, social media and creative services personnel to identify content opportunities and construct corresponding site structure.
- Serve as the primary digital services contact for assigned USL clubs. Associated duties include platform management support, conducting regular property audits, maintaining consistent communication and the delivery of performance reports as well as tailored action plans.
- Curate web advertising inventory through platform CMS and Google Ad Manager.
- Implement on-page and on-site SEO best practices as directed.
- Manage day-to-day proofing and quality assurance of websites and mobile applications.
- Assist in gameday management of web content (nights and weekends March-November).
- Work with other areas of the business – communications, development, operations etc. – to accomplish their web and mobile application goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Web Design, Information Services, Sport Management or related field
- Solid web and/or mobile application management skills, internet knowledge, and basic working knowledge of HTML is preferred
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic a must. Must have a team-first mentality
- Should be extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with emphasis on writing and editing
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekend and game nights
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work as business needs require which at times may include long days, evenings, weekends, and occasional holidays
- Must have U.S. work authorization
We have great Perks:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Health HSA and FSA
- Corporate Discounts
- Paid Vacation, Holiday & Sick Days
- Business Casual Dress
- Casual Dress Fridays
- And More!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.