Technical Service Associate
By joining the Bio-Techne team you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
The responsibilities of this position (Technical Service Associate – TSA) are to respond to incoming technical inquiries providing first tier technical and sales assistance on all Bio-Techne brands. Complete all customer requests including e-mail responses and simple quotes. Maintain technical resources. Back up Customer Care and Sales departments. Continue training to stay up to date on technical information for old and new products. Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Answers and documents in CRM incoming customer inquiries by phone, email and chat on product techniques, procedures and performs simple troubleshooting. Communicates to obtain all pertinent information relating to inquiry. Communicates adequate information to the Technical Service Associate and Technical Service Specialist teams to problem solve or to assist with resolution of issue.
- Completes all additional customer requests and tracking of customer communication into CRM. Communicates with Technical Service Team, Customer Care and Sales on these customer needs.
- Efficiently profiles new and existing customers based on information collected while resolving the customer inquiry or problem.
- Manages and supports customer requirements to understand, anticipate and meet their needs. Supports the Marketing and Sales Departments with VOC, cross-selling, product ordering, technical inquires and developing retail/consultation sales quotations in cooperation with both North American and International Customer Care teams.
- Initiate complaints. Works with Technical Service, Customer Care and Sales teams and others, as necessary, to resolve. Processes replacement order if required by complaint. Is aware of Field Notifications and required actions on product complaint.
- Assists Technical Service in department functions/projects including but not limited to the maintenance of technical resources including FAQs and product citation review. Writes Discontinuation Notifications.
- Documents information and recurring technical issues to support product quality programs and product development.
- Keeps up to date with training and reading SOPs.
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in Handbook and follows guidelines regarding safety as outlined in the AWAIR, Chemical Hygiene and Exposure Control manuals in accordance to the job.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
This position requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences, Biochemistry or equivalent with a minimum of 0-2 years of directly related or laboratory experience. Customer service or sales experience is preferred. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel are required. Must be able to type a minimum of 40 words per minute, >60 wpm preferred. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask and have good communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the systems, processes, products, the applications in which these products may be used and the services of the company.
- Knowledge of safety and company rules and policies.
- Ability to work with a variety of computer applications and quickly apply these tools to fulfill the duties of the job with respect to communications, documentation, data analysis and customer support.
- Skills in establishing effective interpersonal relationships such as the ability to solicit key ideas and information.
- Skills in problem solving and critical thinking, including the ability to identify and appropriately evaluate an alternative course of action.
- Skills in verbal and written communication including technical writing.
- Ability to make effective decisions and execute an appropriate course of action considering all relevant variables.
- Ability to negotiate by collaborating with others to arrive at a conclusion using compromise, persuasion, rational, and diplomacy.
- Ability to handle sensitive and proprietary information with discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to complete new assignments with a moderate level of written or verbal direction, and to act independently on routine assignments or projects with minimal verbal or written direction.
- Ability to plan, organize, time manage and multi-task to complete assignments in an efficient manner.
- Ability to pay attention to details and perform at a high-level accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to adhere to a daily login schedule to ensure sufficient coverage of all channels.
- Ability to work hours that conform to standard business operations (7:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.).