Student Intern- Marketing Communications
PeaceHealth is seeking a Student Intern for a Per Diem/Relief, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $18.03, more depending on experience.
This position generally works up to 20 hours per week, as needed.
Responsible for working closely with the Communications Specialist to support delivery of internal and external marketing and communications of PeaceHealth Ketchikan Medical Center hospital and clinics while adhering to PeaceHealth brand and graphic standards.
- Understand and adhere to style guides and graphic brand standards. Ability to communicate verbally and electronically, and troubleshoot print and graphic nuances to ensure compliance and good print and digital production.
- Produce and curate content for internal and external publications.
- Draft, post and monitor social media content.
- Draft press releases to communicate PeaceHealth updates to local media outlets.
- Take and edit photos.
- Draft ad copy for print and digital ads.
- Curate content and update digital displays.
- Support various events that occur annually.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Working towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, Business, Social Science, Liberal Arts, Public Administration, or related field.
- Must have earned at least 60 semester credit hours at the college/university level (or equivalent) and have a cumulative GPA of no less than 2.0
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Professional level writing skills required. Ability to produce accurate, readable written copy following available style guides.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams.
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented and able to work independently.
- Familiarity with social networking tools and strategy.
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite preferred
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.