Student Communications Assistant
· Seeking a self-motivated, detail-oriented, organized student employee who can demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills, and great communications instincts.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to engage in a diverse stakeholder base and build strong professional relationships.
· Expect to work on average of 15 hrs/week, M-F, remotely over the summer and in-person when available.
· Opportunity to carry on position in the fall semester.
- Assist the Associate Vice Provost for Communications in communications in supporting the Provost leadership team and units connected to the Provost Office initiatives. V/WC, CT/PS, L, PA, S-R, PA
- Attend regular meetings as they relate to communications needs on behalf of the Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President and its leadership team. IT, L
- Assist with strategic communications planning and implementation for Student Success Initiatives and The Institute for Learning and Teaching’s (TILT) Keep Teaching/Keep Learning Initiatives. IT, C, VP, V/WC
- Assist in creating a plan for telling the student story in collaboration with the Office for Scholarship and Fellowship Advising, and help provide communications support for the Center for Advising and Student Achievement. IT, C, VP, V/WC
- Provide research support for various communications projects. CT/PS, C
- Be up-to-date with the latest tools and resources that will help drive communications goals. DP, CT/PS
- Be willing to acquire a strong understanding of the University’s brand and messaging, and recruitment strategies and goals while in the role of communications intern. IT, CT/PS, C
- On occasion, interview sources and write articles for SOURCE. V/WC
- Assist with content management on Provost website. DP, CT/PS
· Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to present stories in a clear, concise manner. V/WC, CT/PS
· Passion for the Colorado State community and a willingness to foster inclusive excellence. SR, IT, L
· Understanding of and adherence to the Principles of Community. SR, IT, L, PA
· Willingness to perform as part of a team while possessing a strong work ethic and commitment to accuracy, collaboration and high-quality results. IT, PA
· Dedication to professional standards while maintaining a creative spirit and a sense of fun. C, IT
· Ability to work with minimal direction and produce quality results in an efficient and timely manner, effective time-management skills. PA
· Preferred working knowledge in these areas: Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and WordPress. DP
Hourly Pay Rate: $15.00/hr.
Benefit Information: Benefit Information: Employee Benefit information can be found on HR’s Website: https://hr.colostate.edu/current-employees/benefits/
Number of Openings: 1
Start Date: June 21, 2021
Background Check: Colorado State University may conduct background checks on all final candidates.