CPSC is seeking recent graduates with the desire work in the consumer product safety field. This position is located in the Office of Compliance and Field Operations, Division of Resources Management. The Division is responsible for implementing programs that identify and address potential hazards to the health and safety of children and families from products which contain defects.
The CPSC is seeking recent graduates under the Pathways Program. This position is provided for recent graduates with a desire to work in the consumer product safety field and/or public sector and assignments are designed to complement the graduates educational field while meeting the expressed needs of the agency and CPSC organizations.
This position reports to the Division Director of the Division of Resources Management (CRM). The incumbent will serve as a Program Analyst responsible for:
- Developing and running data reports to measure office performance.
- Supporting Compliance data requests from other CPSC offices.
- Conducting user acceptance testing for newly developed IT systems.
- Preparing data presentations for the Director and Deputy Director as necessary.
- Analyzing Compliance programs, procedures and systems in order to make recommendations to optimize them.
- Assisting with data analysis on complex compliance cases to establish hazard patterns.
Mandatory Education Requirement. All applicants must meet one of the following requirements to qualify:
GS-09: Applicants must have a Master’s or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B or J.D. The area of study for undergraduate or graduate must be in business, management, information systems, mathematics, finance, accounting, or other related fields.
All applicants MUST submit a copy of their college transcripts with the degree conferred date. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable during the application process. Official transcripts will be required upon appointment.
All materials must be submitted by the closing date of this announcement.
All education claimed by applicants will be verified.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to participate in this program:
- You must have a final cumulative Grade Point Average of at least a 3.0.
- Current Students may apply up to 90 days prior to their graduation date.
- Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years, a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution.
- Veterans unable to apply within two years of receiving their degree, due to military service obligation, have as much as six years after degree completion to apply.
- May submit unofficial transcript(s). Official transcript(s) will be required, if applicant is selected for a position.