Writer and Communications Specialist - Global Field Enablement (Remote OK)
As a Writer and Communications Specialist for the Splunk Global Field Enablement Team, you will support the Field Enablement and Communications Sr. Manager with developing internal Splunk field communications and field enablement campaigns targeted to selling audiences. This position will help develop internal communications around Global Field Enablement quarterly enablement programs, Field New Hire Onboarding, continuous learning, and other field-focused learning programs. The role also requires the development of sales programs and product announcements, field-facing change management communications, sales systems changes, and the amplification of a variety of marketing events and programs.
The right candidate approaches their work in an agile manner with the know-how to maneuver in a fast-paced environment. They are able to swiftly support communications using an enterprise email platform, through Intranet content development and design, using Google slide design, and with amplification through internal social channels. The role requires interviewing, researching, the ability to distill complex topics into digestible sales-facing content, planning/organization, and critical thinking skills.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that.
- Develops strong relationships with cross-functional partners and maximizes those relationships to ensure communications are high impact and relevant.
- Works with cross-functional partners to prepare content/copy for internal field communications
- Researches topics, develops first drafts, integrates feedback, and executes via a variety of channels/mediums
- Designs and produces quality written and visual communications for different target audiences
- Promotes and delivers communications using various systems (enterprise email platform, internal social channels, Intranet)
- Proactively seeks feedback to improve communications and uses reporting and metrics to evaluate effectiveness
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that.
- Excellent writer (can write copy, synthesize ideas, write in various styles and voices)
- Strong editor (can edit copy and images for mistakes in grammar, punctuation, formatting)
- Experience in graphic design and following corporate style guidelines
- Experience working with employee or enablement communications
- Knowledge of writing and visual best practices (such as designing using the right canvas size and generating images for the appropriate resolution for communications)
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated strength in working collaboratively with and across a variety of global cross functional teams
- Ability to develop and work on multiple deliverables at a time for fast turnaround and deployment
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced environment and stay flexible through growth and change
- Open to new ideas with the ability to find creative solutions to complex communications challenges
Education: Got it!
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or a related field
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!