Product Designer, Paid Internship
Candor is a tech company focused on fixing wealth inequity, starting with salary negotiation for women and minorities in tech — we're the place where people at Facebook, Airbnb, Stripe and others go to negotiate their salary, get insights into the industry, and more.
We're looking for a Product Designer for a paid internship to be part of our team for Summer. You will be working on a project to redesign a feature on the website that millions of people use every month. In this project you'll learn how to work with other designers, engineers, product and growth. Your work will have important social impact since you'll be helping design a feature that is crucial for our diverse community.
- Lead on re-imagining or designing a UI from scratch in Figma
- Gather requirements from the team and clients
- Come up with a UI that honors client needs and product goal
- Present your designs to the team and incorporate feedback
- Incorporate diverse representation and accessibility in all of your designs
- Learn about how design works with product, engineering and growth
- This role is REMOTE
You'll love this job if you're:
- You value working independently but are not afraid to ask for help when you need it
- Love a fast-paced collaborative environment
- You want to promote diversity and social responsibility through design
- Enjoy a high degree of autonomy and ownership over your work
- Are kind, considerate, and thoughtful
Please submit a work sample or portfolio to be considered.
You can check-out our work at www.candor.co
The time commitment for this position is 20 hours/week. It is a role designed for active students.
Candor helps you negotiate your salary — in exchange for a cut of the upside.
Candor is a tech startup based in San Francisco. Our mission is to improve pay equity for women and people of color. In 2019, we started as a salary negotiation service for tech professionals from marginalized communities. This is still the core of our business, but we have since expanded. Today, our resources help thousands of people through every stage of the job search process, from finding a recruiter to negotiating an offer.
We are a tight-knit team of 20 who values hard work, open communication, and mutual respect. Candor is growing quickly, and we're looking for candidates who can grow with us. Be ready to work in a fast-paced environment and take initiative. You will have the opportunity to lead projects, undertake a variety of responsibilities, and shape your own path at the company.
We take on interns seasonally. All of our internships are remote and have the potential to evolve into full-time roles. We regularly recruit for engineering, operations, marketing, and HR (compensation and benefits-focused) positions. We also seek writers with interest in a variety of topics. To see what our content looks like, check out our website!