JOB TITLE: IHRC ABiL Software Developer
POSITION NUMBER: 2106-99999-SD-1
POSITION LOCATION: Atlanta, GA, USA
ANTICIPATED START DATE: June 2021
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL: Position is filled
TRAVEL: Domestic travel as required to fulfill the requirements of the position
IHRC, Inc. provides scientific, information management and administrative program support to various Centers, Institutes and Offices of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) under several contracts. The successful candidate will work as a full-time employee of ABiL, IHRC, Inc., and will be assigned to our bioinformatics division – the Applied Bioinformatics Laboratory (abil.ihrc.com), to provide development support for on-going bioinformatics software development projects.
SCOPE OF WORK
We are looking for a Software Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. The candidate’s primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. The candidate will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by colleagues into the application; therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Implementation of security and data protection
- REST API development and integration of data storage solutions
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong experience in web development concepts, technologies, and frameworks. Python’s Django-based experience is preferred. Experience with other technologies (such as PHP) will also be considered.
- Good experience in Python
- Good experience with SQL
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, specifically git
- Understanding of Jinja templating engine is a plus
- Understanding of responsive design frameworks such as bootstrap or material design
- Understanding of containers, specifically docker
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- The candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Must be United States citizen or permanent resident or have authorization for employment in the United States
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
To apply for this position:
- If you are viewing this position on the IHRC Career Center, please click on the "Apply Now" button.
- If you are viewing this position on a site other than the IHRC Career Center, you may use the “click to apply” link, or you may apply by visiting our Career Center and searching for the position number listed at the top of this position description.
- To view all of our open positions, and to apply to those positions in which you may be interested, please visit our Career Center, which can also be reached by visiting www.ihrc.com/Careers and clicking on the “View Opportunities” link.
IHRC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. It is the policy of IHRC, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, and veteran or disability status and to take affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws and Executive Orders.