Jr. .Net Developer
Role: Jr. .Net Developer
Duration: 6 months
Location: Kansas City, MO (Remote)
The world’s leader in tax preparation services, is looking for an Associate Software Engineer to support our Retail Tax Application. Under the guidance of a senior, lead or principal software engineer, you’ll design, develop and maintain software components and products that supportthe client’s business applications, specifically you will build input screens using in house tools, as well as code and unit test calculations to produce accurate returns. You’ll use tools, languages, coding standards, and best practices to develop new product features and maintain year over year product functionality and enhancements. In addition, you’ll create and execute unit tests and address defects. Finally, you’ll work closely with the QA, Tax Analysts, and other teams to ensure a consistent understanding of requirements and approaches.
What you’ll do….
• Design, develop and maintain software components.
• Participate in technical design and code reviews for all new enhancements and maintenance work delivered.
• Understand business and functional requirements and produce technical specifications and product requirements.
• Create, maintain and execute unit tests.
• Maintain current knowledge on the latest technologies relevant to the role regarding algorithms, language, design methodology, third-party development tools, application platforms, hardware compatibility and operating systems.
It would be even better if you had…
• Experience with:
• Visual Basic .NET, C#
• ASP.NET (Web Forms, MVC, Web API)
• SQL (basic)
• Accounting experience
What you’ll bring to the role…
• Bachelor's degree, or working toward such, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Accounting, or related field.
• Knowledge of software development concepts and practices.
• Knowledge of all phases of the software development lifecycle.
• Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated effective time management, organizational, prioritization, and planning skills.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to develop creative solutions in assigned projects.
• Ability to work in a team environment with limited supervision.