Wireless Systems Engineer
The Wireless Systems Engineer will support a wide range of engineering responsibilities and be considered a SME in Wireless Systems Engineering. This candidate will provide recommendations and assistance to Government Programs, Project Managers and Organizational Leadership to ensure a logical sequence of activities and decisions that transform an operational need into a description of system performance parameters and a preferred system configuration.
Applied Research Associates is currently recruiting personnel for the position of Wireless Systems Engineer. The performance location is in the Ft. Bragg, North Carolina area (must relocate or commute). Candidates must have a Top Security Clearance. This position supports DOD agency and salary is competitive.
Tasks performed include but are not limited to the ability to:
- Develop architecture, build, maintain and troubleshoot tactical wireless networks.
- Implement data models and designs for data access and resolve any linked server issues to include replication, capacity and/or distribution issues related to the network.
- Participate in the generation of policies and procedures to ensure the integrity of related networks, databases and hardware systems.
- Implement data models and designs for data access and resolve any linked server issues to include replication, capacity and/or distribution issues.
- Daily work includes tactical networking for Special Operations Forces (SOF).
This position demands a high degree of professionalism. Personnel should have a complete understanding of commonly used information technology engineering methods, practices, procedures, and processes necessary to formulate, justify, and execute development and fielding of an integrated systems architecture suite hardware and software used to optimize the military mission set. Candidates should have ability to develop a complete set of architectural views for an enterprise in accordance with the common architecture frameworks.
Wireless Systems Engineer Required Experience:
- Candidates must be a U.S. Citizen
- Bachelor’s Degree in one or more of the following: Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology Management or related field and 5-7 years of experience. Talented candidates without a BS degree should have equivalent professional experience (11+ years) and demonstrate networking concepts.
- Five (5) years of experience leading/participating in requirements design, diagramming, documentation of technical specifications and performance standards, preparation of testing plans and procedures, development and execution of configuration management quality assurance and quality control policy and procedures.
- Have formalized information technology training/experience/certification equal to or better than Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
- Have a complete understanding of wireless network operation and functional working knowledge of data routing operation along with transmission and communications security techniques and procedures for design of a robust wireless data/voice network including systems upgrades and phased functional enhancements.
- Experience with 'system of systems' architecture development, partitioning of functionality among applications and components, and application interfaces/interoperability concerns.
Preferred qualifications for the Wireless Systems Engineer include:
- Master’s Degree in one or more of the following: Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology Management or related field.
- Practical experience in a SOF environment.
- Experience working with 4/5G tactical networks, Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (MANET), and servers in virtual environments.
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about Southeast Division visit our website at: https://www.ara.com/raleigh/