Off-Campus Life Marketing Manager | 2021-2022
Room 274, LSC
Job Title: Marketing Manager
Job Classification: Stu Coordinator
Pay Rate: $12.69/hour
Hours: Varies Monday-Friday (office is open 9:00am-5:00pm)
Must be available for Fall 2021 Staff Training on August 18-20, 2021 from 8am-5pm
Must be available for Spring 2021 Staff Training: Dates TBD (likely occurring during the week of January 10th, 2022)
Hours/Week: 15 hours minimum (some evenings and weekends)
Begin Date: As soon as possible
Benefits: Student benefit information can be found here: https://hr.colostate.edu/current-employees/benefits/
Marketing Manager Description: The MM will be accountable for Off-Campus Life program promotions and advertisement through close collaboration with Graphic Designers, a Videographer, and a Website Designer. The MM will need to build strong, trustworthy relationships with clients and business personnel to create a bridge between coordinating offices for smooth transitions and business endeavors. The MM will support the office through planning, reserving, and submitting advertisements in various publications both on and off campus. The MM is responsible for creating marketing budgets and deadlines which they must follow precisely. The MM is responsible for establishing and maintaining positive relationships with a variety of organizations. The MM is also responsible for the daily social media that comes from the office: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. This position works closely with the other members of the Branding Team and is also responsible for communicating with other staff on a regular basis to determine office design needs and receive feedback.
Marketing Manager and Public Relations Responsibilities:
· Creating a yearly marketing calendar with deadlines for ads that must be adhered to strictly
· Social Media marketing and daily upkeep
· Organizing/reserving Poster Runs both around campus and in the residence halls
· Communication with the Collegian, LSC COLAB, and other CSU marketing individuals
· Reserving and building display cases in the LSC
· Determining how many copies will be printed of table tents, posters, etc. and communicating that number with a Program Assistant
· Reserving table tents in residence halls dining centers and throughout the LSC
· Communicating with 4imprint, Signs Now, Street Media, and other publications for ads, articles and other external productions
· Promotion of all office services and programs including Housing Fair, Fall Clean Up, Community Welcome, and RamRide
· Creating a better awareness and stronger presence of our office throughout the CSU campus
· Maintaining positive relationships with a variety of organizations
· Creating new marketing/ advertising opportunities for the office
Off-Campus Life – All Student Staff Responsibilities:
· Provide exceptional customer service and accurate information to students regarding office services and programs, renting in the Fort Collins community, city codes and ordinances, building neighborhood relations, and more.
· General front desk/reception duties, including but not limited to answering phones, keeping statistics, greeting/assisting customers, etc.
· Providing exceptional customer service to walk-in and telephone customers by providing information regarding office services and programming, renting in Fort Collins, etc.
· Working knowledge and application of Party Registration program, Rental Search, etc.
· Facilitate/present various office programs (e.g. Roommate Meet & Match) and presentations (e.g. various resource fairs).
· Help create, plan, implement, and assess OCL large-scale programs.
· All OCL staff are expected to work some evening and weekend commitments (includes Community Welcome – August; Fall Clean-up – November; Housing Fair – February; CSUnity – April).
· Be accepted for enrollment as a regular degree-seeking student at Colorado State University, carrying at least one credit per term during the academic year.
· Currently have a cumulative GPA of no less than 2.5.
· Be in good academic and disciplinary standing according to Colorado State University standards.
· Must be able to commit to the position for at least one year.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively both individually and on a team.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a busy work environment.
- Possess a commitment to working with diverse populations, identities and experiences.
- Possess the desire to work with first-year students, transfer students and parents and family.
· Excellent organizational skills with close attention to detail.
- Demonstrate problem-solving and decision-making skills.
· Ability to meet tight deadlines.
· Ability to plan ahead and schedule appropriately.
· Knowledge and adequacy with social media.
· Working towards a degree or having a strong interest in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Media, English or related field.
· Advanced writing skills.
· Knowledge of Off-Campus Life programs and events.
· Experience presenting in front of groups of varying sizes.
· Ability to think creatively.
· A cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following information to Lindsay Mason, Lindsay.firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions, please call Lindsay at (970) 491-2248. Colorado State University may conduct background checks on all final candidates.
1. Current resume
2. Three (3) references (including emails and phone numbers)
3. Letter or email stating your interest and specific qualifications for the position
4. Fall semester class schedule and co-curricular commitments