Foothills Farm Crew - ARBL
This position provides general labor and farm support for the Animal Reproduction and Biotechnology Laboratory (ARBL) as a member of the Foothills Farm Crew. Tasks include the feeding and handling of equine and livestock species, the operation of heavy equipment, driving truck and trailer combinations, and general facility/grounds maintenance. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player whom possesses a good work ethic and can do as directed by the farm manager and staff.
Included but not limited to: feeding horses and livestock species (including hay, grain, and supplements), moving and handling of horses and livestock species, inspection of animals for injury or ill health, manure removal, heavy equipment operation, driving truck and trailer combinations, basic carpentry, and limited metal work, equipment repair and maintenance, mowing, weed eating, and snow removal.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and pass a Criminal and Motor Vehicle Background Check.
- Equine/Livestock experience (feeding and handling).
- Equipment operating experience.
- Availability during early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- Be able to lift a minimum of 60 pounds.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience driving truck and trailer combinations.
- Experience operating heavy equipment (i.e. skid steer loaders, wheel loaders, and tractors).
- Feed Truck operation experience.
- Basic knowledge of Carpentry.
- Some welding experience and/or knowledge.
We are looking to fill one (1) position starting as early as 08/07/2021. Applicants should be willing to work during the summer break, Fall Semester 2021 and Spring Semester 2022. Work-Study is welcome, but not required.
Hourly pay rate: $13.00 to $14.00/hour depending on experience
Hours per week: 15-20 (may vary)
Employee Benefit information may be found here: Benefits | Human Resources | Colorado State University (colostate.edu)
Number of openings: 1
Start Date: as early as August 7, 2021
Colorado State University may conduct background checks on all final candidates.