Technical Intern 3 - Software Engineer
BAE Systems is looking for a motivated, challenge seeking, and positive minded individual to provide support for the development and validation of automated tests to verify the functional performance and security of software applications. The ideal candidate will work with a team to identify appropriate tests, develop test code, and assure effective performance and coverage.
Tasking may include:
- Review and evaluation of software and associated documentation
- Collaboration with team members to define appropriate tests and parameters
- Implementation of test code using various programming languages and libraries
- Verification of test results and validation of code coverage
- Review and augmentation of existing test code
- Documentation of methods, prerequisites, and usage
Our Intern Program offers current college students hands-on experience and development opportunities in technology, engineering, intelligence, and business.
In addition to on-the-job training, the Internship Program offers:
- Competitive Pay:
- Opportunity for Future Employment
- Challenging and Meaningful Work
- Networking and Development Opportunities
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Computer Science, Information Systems or related field of study
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong work ethic and time management
- Eligible for Government Clearance
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.