Accounting Technician, Hennepin County, Accounting Division
Hennepin County District Court invites qualified applicants for one Accounting Technician position. The Accounting Technician is responsible for accounting work involving the coordination, preparation, and maintenance of court bookkeeping and financial records, as well as providing complex financial procedural information.
This AFSCME-represented position is classified as an Accounting Technician and is part of the Accounting Division. The Accounting Division is located on the 12th floor of the Hennepin County Government Center at 300 South 6th Street, C-1220, Minneapolis, MN 55487. Typical hours for this position will be 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday. This position works both on-site and remotely.
The Minnesota Judicial Branch offers a comprehensive benefits package. To learn more about benefits, click here.
Example of Duties
- Provide excellent customer service by assisting and communicating with internal and external customers in a professional, courteous, and respectful manner in-person, over the phone, or through electronic means.
- Review and process business expense reimbursements according to organizational policy and procedure and process payments.
- Review and process restitution payment reports and process weekly disbursements.
- Accurately review and complete all financials and reports for timeliness, statutory compliance, and in accordance with state court policies and procedures.
- Communicate and collaborate with team members to ensure daily work assignments, financial processing, and other receivable duties are completed efficiently and accurately.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field plus one year of accounting or finance experience OR three years of accounting or finance experience.
- One year of experience in receivables or business expense reimbursement processing within the last five years.
- As this position will be working partially remotely, access to reliable internet connection is required.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Intermediate skills of Microsoft Excel capabilities and experience pertaining to accounting functions.
- Team-oriented with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work well under pressure, excellent attention to detail, and problem solving skills sufficient to identify errors and initiate corrective action.
- Knowledge of and experience with enterprise accounting software.
- Ability to meet commitments, prioritize duties and keep assignments on task.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field plus one year of accounting or finance experience OR five years of accounting or finance experience.
- Experience in public sector accounting or finance.
- Experience in SharePoint including organizing and managing documents, and utilizing queues for workflow processing.
- Experience processing restitution.
The Minnesota Judicial Branch (MJB) is committed to providing fair and equal access to justice. If you share this same commitment, desire a meaningful career serving the public, and want the opportunity to make a difference for your community, consider a career with us. We celebrate and are committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, and actively seek and encourage applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and characteristics. Minnesota Judicial Branch employees consistently express pride in their public service and in the quality of programs and services provided to customers, as well as appreciation for the teamwork and collaboration that is promoted within the MJB. To learn more about working for the Minnesota Judicial Branch, watch this video.
The expected starting salary for external candidates is at least $22.05 per hour and may be higher, depending on qualifications. This position is non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act and is eligible for State of Minnesota employee benefits.
Instructions to Apply:
Please complete your application for this position online.
This AFSCME-represented position is posted for bidding, internal, and external application simultaneously and will be filled in accordance with the AFSCME contract.
All employment offers are contingent upon satisfactory results of a criminal background check. An employment offer may be rescinded if the background check identifies job-related convictions.
Please contact the Hennepin County District Court Human Resources Department with questions regarding this posting via email at 4thRecruitment@courts.state.mn.us or phone at 612-348-2298.
It is the policy of the Minnesota Judicial Branch that all decisions regarding employment are made without discrimination on the basis of disability. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation for a disability to participate in the employee selection process by contacting Human Resources at 4th.Human.Resources@courts.state.mn.us.
The Minnesota Judicial Branch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Minnesota Judicial Branch that all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotions, and other terms and conditions of employment be made without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, sexual orientation, or age. We value and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds.