Performance Management and Accountability VISTA
The See Forever Foundation and Maya Angelou Schools in Washington, DC are seeking an AmeriCorps VISTA member to serve in with our Performance Management and Accountability (PMA) team. This VISTA member will work at our high school, located in NE, DC. In this role, the VISTA will support the Maya Angelou Schools’ PMA team’s continuous growth and improvement through compliance and accountability to regulatory requirements, internal efforts as we transition or enhance systems, performance management and organizational viability as we endeavor to build capacity of our VISTAs as they interface with staff.
The VISTA assignment is a one year term, starting August 30, 2021.
Specifically, we are looking for a candidate with strong organizational, leadership and technical skills that will help us in improving performance management and accountability. This will be achieved through projects focused on the following areas:
· Develop a comprehensive Gaps Analysis to ensure accurate tracking and monitoring of required data elements according to OSSE’s data requirements.
· Create a project plan to increase the number of parents with access to PowerSchool, with the end goal to facilitate better communication with parents/guardians.
· Serve as a key leader for the implementation of Project Enrollment Express.
· Develop and implement the process to digitize historical student files and help us implement a paperless record-keeping process for students’ records.
· Support the Director of Performance Management to identify and address areas of improvement to our data assessment and performance review process for our schools (known as Achieving Excellence at Maya – AEM).
Preferred candidates will have earned a bachelor’s degree and will possess:
· Strong commitment to See Forever’s mission to see that all youth succeed
· Understanding of and commitment to National Service and the ideals of the AmeriCorps VISTA program to fight poverty
· Experience working in non-profit and/or youth serving organizations
· Experience or willingness to work with students and guardians from urban environments
· Ability to manage multiple tasks
· Strong project management skills
· Strong writing and interpersonal skills
· Strong computer skills