Front Desk Assistant Manager
We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and experienced Front Desk Assistant Manager. The position supports the Front Desk Manager and works with a team of 8 – 15 Front Desk and Reservation clerks. Front Desk Assistant Manager needs to provide a high level of customer service and maintain a profile in the day to day front office operations. We welcome career-oriented applicants.
The main role of the Front Desk Assistant manager position is to address guest concerns and provide customer satisfaction. This dynamic job includes a variety of other tasks including; hiring and training new employees, managing the front desk, assists the Front Desk Manager in scheduling, reports, payroll and other managerial duties.
We are a guest-oriented and socially conscious business looking for someone who can provide outstanding guest service and excel at training others to do the same. This is a full-time year round position with the opportunity to take up to four weeks off per year.
The ideal individual is excited to work in a professional yet very genuine way and embraces working in a rustic environment in a relationship-oriented business.
Ideal qualifications include:
- Prior front desk/reservations or similar experience preferably in a supervisory or night auditor role.
- Excellent written, verbal and computer skills
- Excited about creating a warm family atmosphere for guests & staff while maintaining high standards
- Independent thinker with great initiative, but comfortable working within a defined framework
Key personality traits:
- High integrity
- Guest service oriented and staff-focused
- Self-motivated (takes initiative) with high standards
- Mature and personable with a relaxed nature
- Leading a healthy, drug-free lifestyle
- Dynamic, fun, and likes the outdoors
- Flexible with a “whatever it takes” attitude
- Manage and motivate the Front Office team to provide a high standard of service for customers.
- Showing Initiative and problem solving.
- Welcomes guests and fosters customer loyalty through his/her friendly manner.
- Handles any guest complaints or contentious issues and provides a fast solution
- Ensures that the pricing policy and internal audit procedures are duly applied.
- Acting manager on Front Desk Managers days off.
- Review arrival list for all arrivals and to check room allocations, amenities and special requests.
- Integrates and trains employees, providing support for skills development.
- Ensures that the workplace remains clean and tidy
- Ensure team members have current knowledge of hotel products, services, facilities, events, pricing and policies and knowledge of the local area and events.
- Have a good knowledge of all systems and standard operating procedures of front office.
- Ensures that all front desk employees are well presented (uniforms, personal hygiene etc), and also punctual.
- Working the front desk daily with our team.
- Full time position available immediately
- Position can be year-round or seasonal
- Room and board available for fixed weekly cost both Onsite and Offsite
- Hours variable, including nights and weekends as well as situational/crisis availability; a regular schedule with specific days off will be established
- Healthcare benefits available after 90 days
- 401k eligible with company match after 1 year