Job Title: Accountant Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director of Finance Pay Grade: AP 3
Dept./School: Finance Length of Contract: 12 mos.
Date Revised: 10/28/19
Direct and manage the federal, state and local grant activities of the district. Ensure compliance with applicable state laws and regulations.
Bachelors in Accounting or Business
Three years accounting experience at a high level of responsibility
Knowledge of accounting principles
Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Proficiency skills in keyboarding and file maintenance
Ability to work with numbers in an accurate and rapid manner
Ability to prepare journal entries
Ability to use personal computer and software to develop spreadsheets, databases and word processing
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Oversee the daily operation of all federal, state and local grants.
2. File expenditure reports for all grants.
3. Prepare monthly cash draws.
4. Prepare journal entries and budget changes.
5. Approval of all grant expenditures.
6. Prepare fiscal year-end entries.
7. Audit preparation.
8. Work with administrators, principals, directors, and staff regarding grant issues.
9. Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required, including auditable records.
General Employee Requirements:
· Support and align work with the mission, vision, and beliefs of the district.
· Follow and support board policies in areas of related responsibility.
· Ensure district resources are managed effectively to maximize resources for student learning.
· Share in the development and implementation of district success plans.
· Actively participate in ongoing development to improve work quality and district contribution.
· Model integrity, work ethic, and professionalism as a suitable example for LISD students.
Personal computer, printer, fax machine, copier, and calculator.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Demands:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer.