School-Based Mental Health Therapist
Do you want to empower children and families? As Seneca's School-Based Mental Health Therapist you will support student's academic, social and emotional needs by providing school-based therapy, case management and consultation. Working with our partner schools, our Therapists/Clinicians provide mental health services at school sites to ensure the success of youth and families. This is a great opportunity to collaborate with classroom teachers, school leadership and the Multi-Tiered System of Support implementation team by providing teacher coaching and professional development opportunities. Seneca is driven by the fundamental belief that children and families do not themselves fail, but rather are failed by systems unable to meet their complex needs. Make a change by joining our amazing and dedicated team. Apply today!
Seneca supports clinicians towards licensure and beyond. We provide individual and group supervision, regular clinical case conferences, and licensure and renewal courses led by field experts. Expenses such as outside trainings or licensure fees can be mitigated though your clinical training stipend, and you will receive a $4000 salary increase upon getting licensed. Looking to expand your clinical skills even more? Seneca’s Professional Development Scholarship awards employees with tuition reimbursement of up to $2500 each year for certifications in areas such as CBT, DBT, EMDR, or Spanish for mental health practitioners. Training and promotional opportunities in the agency are abundant, and Seneca is committed to helping you advance in your career!
Seneca’s comprehensive employee benefits package ensures that you are just as supported outside of work. We provide 75% of your medical premium, and full coverage for dental, vision, chiropractic, acupuncture, long term disability, and life insurance. We also cover 50% of premiums for dependents. Seneca offers a 403b Retirement Plan, and our fully-paid Employee Assistance Program provides mental health support as well as work and life services. You will accrue 5 weeks of paid time off every year.
Seneca Family of Agencies is committed to providing traditionally marginalized communities a network of outstanding mental health, community based, and educational services. We are committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages people of color to apply. Our programs are deeply engaged in conversations and trainings on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in order to bring equity and justice to the youth and families we serve."
- Work effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team implementing academic, behavioral, and therapeutic services for students in need of intervention.
- Provide coaching and professional development to support school staff in experiencing success with all students.
- Implement research-based interventions aligned with the three tiers of the MTSS pyramid, including individual, group, and family therapy and case management for identified students.
- Document interventions provided and provide necessary reports on student progress.
- Engage caregivers in the educational process, providing frequent opportunities to discuss student growth and needs.
- Provide consultation to school staff on safety assessments, mental health crises, and accessing social service.
- Participate in regular supervision sessions and professional learning communities to enhance practice and increase coherence.
- Master's degree in Psychology, Counseling, or Social Work required
- Bilingual Spanish/English abilities a plus!
- Eligible to register with the California BBS
- Experience working with youth in a mental health or educational setting preferred
- Valid California driver's license, clean record, and insurability with Seneca's automobile policy
- Clearance of TB test, fingerprints, and any other state or federal requirements
- Monday - Friday
- Starting at $60,500 annually, commensurate with experience
- 10% salary increase upon passing Spanish language proficiency exam
- Additional $4000 salary increase for BBS licensure
- Annual performance evaluations provide the potential for a generous salary increase each year
- 5 weeks of Paid Time off and 11 Paid Holidays
- Relocation assistance may be available
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and chiropractic coverage and partially paid premiums for dependents
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Training stipend and professional development opportunities
- Excellent clinical training, individual and group supervision, and assistance toward licensure
- Opportunities to develop specialized skills, including clinical supervision and evidence-based practices
- Abundant promotional opportunities across the agency in California and Washington
To apply click on green button APPLY EXTERNALLY.