The IT Technician is responsible for assisting the department IT Manager in general computer, maintenance, and troubleshooting. The employee will work both supervised by the IT Manager as well as unsupervised and will be available to resolve issues in the absence of the IT Manager. This position requires significant technical skills and will require creativity in solving problems.
· Availability throughout the academic year and summer.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written.
· Ability to troubleshoot network connectivity issues.
· Have an intermediate level of computer troubleshooting with a demonstrable experience with Windows 10, MAC OS, Office 365, PCs, laptops, laser printers, id card printers.
· Demonstrable experience with tablets and smartphones (Apple, Microsoft, Android)
· Exhibit organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Willingness to perform routine tasks.
· Working knowledge of Audio / Visual equipment.
· Must have availability to work Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays before 4 pm
· Consistently uphold all Campus Recreation department policies and procedures for patron and employee management related to the position; critical thinking, problem-solving within limits of department policy and procedures, judgment to identify and apply existing guidelines, training, enforcement, and communication for employees
· Provide a safe and effective environment for patrons
· Uphold service ethic, professional appearance standards, and Emergency Action Plan response
· Mandatory attendance at Department All Staff Development each semester
· Completion of all foundation courses in the Campus Recreation Rec Development Program within one year of being hired
· General to advanced troubleshooting of computer/audiovisual equipment - helpdesk support
· Inventory control of computer hardware, software licenses, radios, and printer supplies
· Weekly cleaning of computer hardware
· "Hands-on" application / OS training of end-users
· Complete software/security upgrades as required
· Act as a single point of contact in the absence of the IT Manager
· Other duties as assigned
· Colorado State University may conduct background checks on all final candidates.
· Employee Benefit information can be found on HR’s Website.
· Number of openings: 1
· Start date: 9/13/2021