Child Nutrition Manager Secondary - Blevins Middle School
Information specific to this position: Hours are 6:45am - 2:15pm
Rate of pay: $18.26 - $21.91/hour based on qualifications and experience*
Work calendar days: 178 days
Duration of position: Ongoing
Benefits include: Health insurance, life insurance, PERA retirement, paid time off, short and long term disability, as well as other optional benefit elections.
Pay rate/salary is determined based on qualifications and experience relevant to the job description requirements. Full pay range may be found on the appropriate salary schedule. Employees hired new into a position are rarely qualified to receive maximum of the pay range.
SUMMARY: Responsible for providing quality, efficient and cost-effective management of a single secondary school kitchen. Perform and oversee all aspects of food preparation and service of meals including scheduling, directing, training and supervising child nutrition workers. Maintain and review all kitchen financial records and reports. Order, receive, store, rotate, and inventory all food and supplies. Clean kitchen equipment, surfaces, and floors. Respond to staff and/or customer service issues. Comply with Health Department standards, all safety procedures, departmental policies and procedures and all applicable state and federal regulations. Display exceptional customer service skills.
Description of Job Tasks:
1. Supervise, direct, monitor and assist kitchen team with timely preparation and serving of high quality, safe menu items, cashiering and cleanup. Monitor, participate and assure compliance with Health Department standards, all safety procedures, departmental policies and procedures and all applicable state and federal regulations. Ensure meals are served according to planned menus and comply with meal pattern requirements per state, federal and department guidelines.
2. Maintain and ensure complete and accurate daily production records. Maintain inventory of supplies including ordering, receiving, storage, and rotation of stock. Monitor and control food quality, food costs and food waste.
3. Assist with meal preparation and service of meals by cooking, pre-portioning, setting up serving lines, condiment stands, and fruit and vegetable bars. Work with customers, staff, building and department to increase meal participation. Assist with cleaning kitchen equipment, utensils, work areas, tables, floors, and appliances, and emptying kitchen trash and recycling containers.
4. Provide and document orientation and on-the-job training for kitchen personnel. Follow assigned staffing and ensure kitchen staff follows scheduled hours. Assist with the hiring of Child Nutrition staff. Provide feedback to staff on performance and complete performance evaluations for Child Nutrition Workers.
5. Maintain, ensure, and review all kitchen financial records, including deposits; review financial reports, inventories, and other reports. Verify that all meal counts, deposits, and change funds are accurate and completed daily.
6. Communicate, coordinate, and resolve issues with principal, school staff, parents, and supervisors. Ensure kitchen staff provides excellent customer service to all customers. Display accurate and quality signage, marketing, and food presentation of all meals.
7. Attend all required departmental training and follow, educate, and ensure district department directives are complied with for all kitchen staff.
8. Attend work and arrive in a timely manner according to established schedules.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE: • High school diploma or GED • Two years of experience in institutional food service operations or a related field - Supervisory experience preferred • Equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or
CERTIFICATIONS: • Criminal background check required for hire • Larimer County Food Safety Training required after hire • ServSafe Certified annually
Questions regarding this posting can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org