The Financial Accounting Staff Accountant supports the fixed assets month-end closing, prepares account reconciliations, and engages in special projects throughout the month. In completing assigned tasks, this individual develops subject matter expertise in fixed assets, Oracle Assets, and other automated systems.
- Supports the month-end closing of the Oracle Assets module, including additions, retirements, transfers, depreciation, journal entries, and related reporting.
- Prepares monthly account reconciliations and conducts follow up to clear reconciling items
- Works with operating groups to research and explain variances to forecast and plan
- Assists in the preparation of monthly financial reports for senior management
- Recommends and implements automation and other improvement initiatives to streamlining month-end, quarterly and annual close processes
- Assists management in preparing quarter and year end deliverables submitted to corporate
- Supports management in preparing required schedules for internal and external auditors
- Provides subject matter expertise assistance in assigned areas to management and operating units
- Performs special projects and requests from management and operations. Performs other job-related functions as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in public or private accounting. Experience with full-cycle accounting, month-end closing process and variance analysis.
- Solid understanding of GAAP and the ability to apply the concepts to specific situations. Knowledge of accrual based accounting. Ability to work in a collaborative manner in a team-based environment. Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to use creative approaches to challenges. Committed to identifying continuous improvement opportunities. Solutions-oriented problem solving skills. Demonstrated sense of urgency in completing assignments. Ability to demonstrate flexibility and change in a dynamic environment. Ability to prioritize workloads and meet tight deadlines. Personal integrity, as well as a high level of respect for all individuals.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn Oracle Financials or other related financial software. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with intermediate-level skills in Excel to perform analysis using pivot and lookup tables.
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude which is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness and integrity. Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do! Speaking of fun, we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work aboard our ships as well as in our global corporate headquarters!
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, federal, and/or international law.
To view a copy of Carnival’s FMLA, EEO and EPPA posters please visit: (click or copy and paste link into your browser)
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive benefit program which includes medical, dental and vision plans
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage and a 401(k) plan that includes a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Cruise benefits
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program located at our Doral campus
- An on-site Wellness Center and Health clinic at our Doral campus