Technology Systems Site Manager II - Fort Collins High School
Information specific to this position:
Pay Range: $28.18 - $33.82/hour based on qualifications and experience*
Work calendar days: 260 days
Duration of position: Ongoing
Benefits include: Health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, PERA retirement, paid time off, short and long term disability, as well as other optional benefit elections.
*Pay rate/salary is determined based on qualifications and experience relevant to the job description requirements. Full pay range may be found on the appropriate salary schedule. Employees hired new into a position are rarely qualified to receive maximum of the pay range.
SUMMARY: Responsible for managing site technology systems for a large, comprehensive high school. Plan and coordinate implementation, maintenance, training and use of business and instructional systems; serve as the primary contact for district- and sitebased systems and applications; and provide technical support for business, assessment and instructional systems at the school site. Supervise school technology staff, and student employees and aides.
Description of Job Tasks:
- Serve as the primary contact person for District- and site-based business and academic systems and applications for teachers, administrators, support staff and students. Support thousands of devices including desktops, laptops, printers, smart boards, projectors, document cameras, and various peripherals. Maintain software on computers running different operating systems by researching, purchasing, installing, configuring, imaging and updating district and site software. Troubleshoot hardware, software, and network problems. Coordinate repair and deployment of desktops, laptops, peripherals, applications, servers, networking components, operating systems, patches and phone systems. Coordinate changes and repairs to local area network and telephone systems.
- Manage active directory user, group and computer accounts, and manage group policy for site.
- Manage site file servers and perform routine maintenance and backup. Develop, implement and manage strategies and systems for security, backup and virus protection in coordination with district personnel.
- Manage school website by performing maintenance and updates.
- Manage technology mill, bond and site budgets and purchases.
- Supervise media and technology staff and student employees and aides to include training, planning, directing work, and performing evaluations. Participate in the hiring process.
- Attend work and arrive in a timely manner.
- Lead the planning process, author, implement and review/revise the site technology plan. Provide technology advice, direction and guidance to the Principal, department leaders and technology committee members. Coordinate site needs with District standards for new and existing network function.
- Act as liaison between school and Instructional Technology, Information Technology, Curriculum and Purchasing. Collaborate on technology direction with district technology staff and other school sites while advocating for site needs. Cooperate with district IT staff to maintain technology standards, procedures and policies. Serve as site representative for routine district technology meetings and meet regularly with District media teams.
- Conduct new teacher technology training on domain access, file server use, e-mail setup and access, District Intranet resources, basic Gradebook use, lab use/guidelines, student access and voice mail set up/use. Provide informal one-on-one training as needed.
- Perform inventory and maintain records for all site hardware, software and licensing.
- Attend appropriate inservices, building meetings, trainings and/or school functions.
- Read trade and technical journals and publications to keep abreast of the latest technology developments and their relation to education.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE: Associate’s degree in a computer technology plus specialized training in the management of file server operating systems Bachelor’s degree in computer technology preferred Two years of related experience Equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable Experience working in a school setting preferred
Questions regarding this posting can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org