US Area Manager Intern West
This is a ten-week internship (40 hours per week) during the summer of 2022.
Amazon is looking for college students with high-potential, who are ready to own their impact in Amazon Operations as an area manager intern. As a people manager, you will have an opportunity to truly invest in others and develop a collaborative leadership style, while utilizing the tools, processes, and operations that have helped create the most customer-centric company on Earth. If you want to be involved in continuing to define the future of online retail, are energetic, and an organized self-starter, apply to join our team in Amazon Operations as an area manager! Amazon provides extensive training and development for interns to learn to become exceptional people leaders. Come learn how the largest online retailer in the world runs its fulfillment and delivery networks!
A Day in the Life
As an area manager intern, you will have the opportunity to learn how to coach and develop a team of Amazon associates in a distribution warehouse environment. Your main focus will be learning to motivate, mentor, and manage a team, as well as developing a summer project in partnership with your site leadership. As a people manager, you will ensure that the team of Amazon associates have all the tools needed to succeed for any task during a shift.
What is fulfillment you ask? Fulfillment is how we refer to completing or fulfilling a customer’s Amazon.com order and the acts of picking, packing, shipping and delivering their order to meet or exceed their expectations! Our Operation’s workflow can be broken three major lanes: first mile - where the product is housed and ready for your order; second mile - where your order is hauled to your area; and last mile - when the product is delivered to your door. Please note that all lanes have slight building variations, but one thing is constant, our vision and dedication to the customer.
Program Quick Facts & Locations:
· The position is NOT a corporate role and will be located in a fulfillment center, sort center, delivery station, or other warehouse environment
· Must be willing to relocate nationwide for the summer with relocation assistance if qualified (position location is most heavily weighted on business need but will also take into account personal location preference)
· Term: Ten weeks during summer of 2022
· Competitive salary, relocation (if qualified), and housing assistance (if qualified) · An offer for full-time employment upon graduation may be given after the internship
Key Job Responsibilities:
· Learning to coach, manage, and develop a team of 50 to 200 Amazon associates
· Drive standard work and continuous improvement through an intern project · Communicate policies to your team and act as a source of information for the team
· Create, manage, and support recognition programs
· Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates
· Ensure procedures are followed for building security and product loss prevention
· Partner with the management team to establish and maintain quality control standards
· Develop performance goals and targets to achieve customer demand and ensure accuracy and quality
· Work weekends, holidays, and/or overnight shifts
· Work overtime both in peak season and as needed
· Stand/walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours
· Walk in/and around the warehouse with great frequency; many facilities are over a quarter mile in length
· Access all areas of building, ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and gangways
· Regularly bend, lift, stretch, and reach both below the waist and above the head
· Lift and move items up to 49 pounds
· Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree with a conferral date between December 2022 and August 2023
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
· Adept at the ability to motivate others in a deadline-focused environment
· Ability to evaluate and dive deep into data to provide thought-provoking, workable business solutions
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
· Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s program related to Supply Chain, Business or STEM.
· Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
Applicants who apply for this job will allow Amazon to process your application in a centralized hiring system that considers you for other similar openings as well.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.