Dental Assistant 2
Are you looking for a new career in dentistry? Maybe fresh out of school or maybe you have some great experience but are ready for a new adventure? Well, the Oregon State Hospital is looking for some fresh talent to fill a Dental Assistant 2 position in our Dental Clinic. Join us today!
What you will do!
You will provide chairside assistance to the Dentists and Dental Hygienist. The Dental assistant also schedules appointments, maintains patient records, and supports the general operations of the dental clinic.
What's in it for you?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
· One year of support experience (six months of which must be chairside dental assisting experience); OR
· A graduate of a dental assisting program AND a valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation card AND
· Certification for Radiological Proficiency AND Certification by the Oregon State Board of Dentistry for expanded functions (EFDA).
· Experience in creating and maintaining a work environment that is respectful and accepting of diversity among team members and the people we serve.
· Ability to listen to patient concerns, answer questions, promote patient's emotional comfort, and review proposed treatment.
· Prepare operatory by placing barriers and arranging instruments, materials, devices, and having radiographs available for review.
· Provide chair side assistance by passing/receiving instruments, syringe loading/unloading, aspiration of oral fluids, cheek/tongue retraction, operating devices, mixing restorative materials.
· Take dental radiographs and organize within the digital x-ray software program.
· Take impressions, place rubber dams, apply topical fluoride, anesthetic, and desensitizing agents.
· Provide oral hygiene and post-operative instructions
· Maintain a schedule of clinic appointments that meets established objectives for efficiency and accessibility of care.
· Prepare and monitor requests for lab funding, referrals and record transfers.
· Maintain an inventory system of clinic supplies and file MSDS sheets.
How to apply:
Complete the online application at oregonjobs.org using Job Number REQ-72993