Fiscal Technician II (Public Health/Administration)
Careers at DHEC: Work that makes a difference!
Pursuing Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Promoting Teamwork, and Embracing Service
1. Prepare or assist in the preparation of invoices, receipts, budget requests, projections and summary reports. Processes financial transactions concerning assigned accounts.
2. Review invoices/receipts for accuracy, selects proper cost allocation methods; prepares documents for funding; approves documents for payment, for both state (through the SCEIS computer system) and county. Applies funding to P-Card invoices in WORKS.
3. Review, analyze, and process payments for invoices on various purchasing documents, such as shopping carts, purchase orders, employee travel, etc. Is responsible for the payment of these documents based on the verbiage/time frames indicated on the document. Provides funding sources on documents-based availability, expiration dates, terms and conditions, commitment amounts and grant ending periods according to state and federal validity periods. Works closely with supervisor regarding payments and billing issues through both written and oral communication.
4. Responsible for administrative processes such as filing, copying and shredding as needed or assigned.
5. Works closely with outside vendors regarding payments and billing issues through both written and oral communication.
6. Performs PCAS and Travel Coordination duties.
7. Participates in disaster preparedness activities as outlined in the DHEC region/county plan during hazardous weather or declaration of emergency. During such times, the incumbent is designated as an essential employee and subject to duty and/or call on a 24-hour basis.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.