USDA Agricultural Commodity Grader (Poultry)
Come join the US Department of Agriculture as a Poultry and Shell Egg grader. This is a nationwide posting with many openings across the country.
Please visit this Youtube link to learn more about Agricultural Commodity Grading
The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Designated contact with plant management to coordinate the grading/inspection activities.
- Examine product to determine adherence with contracts, such as grade, weight, packing and quantity.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of reports related to production data and grading results.
- Trains selected plant personnel to grade according to U.S. standards.
- Grades different types of poultry and eggs, by applying official standards and regulations.