Teacher Secondary Art/Tech Ed - Wellington Middle School
Information specific to this position: Art/Tech Ed
Work calendar days: 186 days
Duration of position: Remainder of school year
Benefits include: Health insurance, life insurance, PERA retirement, paid time off, short and long term disability, as well as other optional benefit elections.
Pay for this position is determined by the Licensed Educator Salary Schedule based on years of experience and education.
This is a probationary position. However, PSD employees currently under a licensed contract may apply for this position if selected, will retain contract status.
Must have a valid Colorado Educator's License with appropriate endorsement.
SUMMARY: Responsible for instructing secondary level students in appropriate subject area in coordination with current curriculum and within the framework of District and state content standards.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB TASKS
1. Develop, plan, prepare, and implement: a. Course content, format, structure, and schedule. b. Individualized programs of instruction for students. c. Classroom materials and curriculum. d. Lesson plans and learning activities.
2. Instruct students in large, small, and one-on-one situations.
3. Administer, edit, proofread, and grade students’ assignments and assessments.
4. Create a classroom environment which maximizes instructional opportunity, supervise the behavior and wellbeing of students in the classroom and all educational settings, and administer discipline when appropriate.
5. Design assessment tasks that allow students to demonstrate understanding in a variety of ways and use the data to give meaningful feedback and modify instruction.
6. Monitor student growth and progress, adapt support as needed, and maintain documentation pertinent to academic, social, and emotional progress and needs of students.
7. Communicate students’ progress, needs, and eligibility with parents/guardians and other staff as needed.
8. Collaborate: a. With teachers, support personnel, administrators, and colleagues to enhance instruction and improve student outcomes. b. With colleagues in team and building-based meetings and discussions.
9. Demonstrate a commitment to: a. Understand, appreciate, and make accommodations for student diversity. b. Include and engage families in the student’s education. c. Support all Poudre School District policies, procedures, and expectations. d. Provide personal and professional excellence.
10. Participate in: a. Department, team, building, and district meetings and discussions. b. Student and/or family conferences and other meetings. c. Social, cultural, interscholastic, and extracurricular activities. d. Professional growth opportunities.
11. Attend work and arrive in a timely manner.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE: • Bachelor’s degree with proper teaching licensure program required. • Experience instructing students in a classroom setting preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, or CERTIFICATIONS: • Criminal background check required for hire. • Valid Colorado teaching license with appropriate endorsements required. • CPR and First Aid certifications encouraged
Questions regarding this posting can be directed to email@example.com