Intern - Software Developer- Summer 2022, CO or Remote/WFH (US) (262141)
Lumen’s US Internship Program is a path for career readiness in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Be a part of an internship program, driving human progress through technology. During a 10- week period our summer interns innovate and make an impact by transforming industries across the globe and changing the world one connection at a time. Our interns are presented with real business challenges and provide solutions that make a difference across all areas of the company, all while learning the skills needed to successfully navigate the modern workplace.
- Innovate – to deliver solutions to real business problems
- Transform – your skills and knowledge through challenging work projects
- Connect – to our company and culture creating valuable connections with your intern peers, work team and leaders across the organization.
- Impact – through Community & Social Involvement – collaborate with our ERGs to give back and make an impact in the communities Lumen serves.
The Main Responsibilities
As a Developer in our Strategic Planning and Transformation organization, the Intern will work collaboratively within our Data Science Innovations teams. This role will be a full stack developer position, assisting with cloud technology and development for our North America Operations team. You will need a high level of engagement and ability to take initiative, ask questions and work in a team environment.
- Full Stack development adding new features to existing systems.
- Collaborating with North American teams to make sure we're in line with their standards, design, and processes.
- Building front end web interfaces to give business users new functionally.
- Building and consuming REST APIs.
- Assist with Cloud technologies and development.
- Developing your knowledge of system architecture so you can move forward to doing simple design work yourself.
- Intellectual curiosity, along with excellent problem-solving and quantitative skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
- Appetite to learn how to collect, clean, and store data into a data warehouse(or similar platforms like in cloud ) as well as perform Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA) on the collected data.
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Education Requirements
o Enrolled at a US 4-year accredited college or university, rising senior or master’s level education status at the start of the internship, graduating August 2022 – May 2023. In pursuit of degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical degree field.
• Proficiency and understanding of;
o Full Stack development adding new features to existing systems.
o Knowledge of Microsoft Azure is ideal
o Basic statistical background and understanding of advanced AI/ML techniques and methods, with experience usig tools and platforms (R, Python, ect.)
o Able to understand and deploy created data models into production and other envs using a fast, simple, and extensible Web API framework.
o Proficiency in statistical data analysis and data mining packages (e. g R, Python)
o Solid programming skills in SQL, TSql, PL/SQL or similar database programming language
• Professional Attributes
o Strong drive for results and taking initiative
o Ability to be resourceful and adaptable
o Ability to collaborate and have agility while making effective decisions
o Strong written and verbal communication skills
o Ability to interact with business partners and drive the conversation.
o Flexible and adapts well to change
• Work Setting
o Ideally the position will be in one of the following offices: Broomfield -CO or will consider remote/ work from home.
o Intern must be able to work 30-40 hours be week during the 10-week program (June – August)
o Intern must have reliable transportation to/from work location (Lumen does not provide transportation to/from Lumen office locations)
o US work authorization
What to Expect Next
After completion and submission of your application, you will be asked to participate in a virtual video interview. This on demand interview will be a way for Lumen to learn more about you and your experience as it aligns to the internship position. A separate email invitation will be sent to you (check your spam) within 6 hours of application. For continued consideration in the summer internship program, please ensure you complete the video interview within 5 business days of application. Thank you!