Intern - Software Developer - Summer 2022, CO or Remote (US) (261935)
Lumen’s US Internship Program is a path for career readiness in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Be a part of an internship program, driving human progress through technology. During a 10- week period our summer interns innovate and make an impact by transforming industries across the globe and changing the world one connection at a time. Our interns are presented with real business challenges and provide solutions that make a difference across all areas of the company, all while learning the skills needed to successfully navigate the modern workplace.
- Innovate – to deliver solutions to real business problems
- Transform – your skills and knowledge through challenging work projects
- Connect – to our company and culture creating valuable connections with your intern peers, work team and leaders across the organization.
- Impact – through Community & Social Involvement – collaborate with our ERGs to give back and make an impact in the communities Lumen serves.
The Main Responsibilities
As a Software Developer in our Strategic Planning and Transformation organization, within a development team supporting consumer markets-based application development on mobile and web. This role will have the opportunity to work on mobile application development using native IOS and Android OS frameworks. The intern should have an interest in application development with a mindset to take initiative, be resourceful and curious, not afraid to ask question and make suggestions with new ideas.
- Design and build applications for IOS and Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with outside data sources and API's
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Participate in walk through of designs and programs providing appropriate feedback to ensure the technical quality of an application and provide solutions to design and program issues
- Develop understanding of business processes, products, and metrics to better communicate and translate business requirements into technical solutions
What We Look For in a Candidate
o Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university, rising senior or master’s level education status at the start of the internship, graduating August 2022 – June 2023. In pursuit of degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical degree.
Proficiency and understanding of
o Familiar with microservices and webUi development.
o Familiar with VueJs platforms, Docker and Kubernetes/K8 Environment
o Experience designing and building advanced applications for the Android platform
o Experience working on bug fixes and improving application performance.
o Experience working with outside data sources and API's.
o Strong drive for results and taking initiative
o Resourceful and adaptable
o Collaborative and have agility while making effective decisions
o Strong written and verbal communication skills
o Ability to interact with business partners and drive the conversation.
o Flexible and adapts well to change
o The position will be in one of the following offices: Broomfield or Littleton, CO or may consider work from home/remote.
o Intern must be able to work 30-40 hours be week during the 10-week program (June 3– August 12, 2022)
o Intern must have reliable transportation to/from work location (Lumen does not provide transportation to/from Lumen office locations)
o US work authorization required
What to Expect Next
After completion and submission of your application, you will be asked to participate in a virtual video interview. This on demand interview will be a way for Lumen to learn more about you and your experience as it aligns to the internship position. A separate email invitation will be sent to you (check your spam) within 6 hours of application. For continued consideration in the summer internship program, please ensure you complete the video interview within 5 business days of application. Thank you!