Marketing Content Writer
Job Description Summary
The Marketing Content Writer is responsible for the development of compelling content and messaging to support key campaigns and new product introductions. This individual works with subject matter experts within the business to develop content for sales collateral such as brochures, flyers, white papers, websites, email campaigns, trade show graphics, press releases, advertisements, etc. Additionally, this individual oversees the development of strategies to maximize the reach of new content to key target audiences and develops & maintains a content marketing strategy and content publishing schedule. This individual also assists with creating, reviewing, and editing other materials as needed. This role is responsible for all writing, editing, sourcing, and submission of content for all marketing materials physical and digital.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Developing, editing, and publishing of content to support key campaigns and new product introductions (50%)
- Interviewing and interfacing with key subject matter experts to develop content (20%)
- Developing content publishing calendar and strategies (15%)
- Creating, reviewing, and editing materials as needed (10%)
- Researching new content platforms and opportunities (5%)
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications or a related field.
- This position has no direct reports.
- 5 Years of experience in a copywriting or content marketing position
- StoryBrand knowledge/experience preferred
- Experience with marketing automation systems, Marketo experience a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated desire to work and collaborate with others on development of messaging
- Ability to work independently with wide range of business stakeholders
- Good organizational skills
- Up to 5% travel may be required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work in office environment
- May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside the typical office setting
*As required by the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA)
EMPLOYEE CORE COMPETENCIES:
1. Collaborate Across Workgroup
2. Initiate Positive Change
3. Deliver High Quality Results
4. Focus on the Customer
5. Develops Self & Others