Custodian Night Lead Senior High-Fossil Ridge High School
Information specific to this position: Position is posted until filled.
Pay Range: $17.68-$19.80/hr*
Work calendar days: 260
Duration of position: Ongoing
Benefits include: Health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, PERA retirement, paid time off, short and long term disability, as well as other optional benefit elections.
*Pay range listed above is for employees newly hired to PSD (existing PSD employees please refer to the pay range on the appropriate salary schedule); actual rate will be determined based on qualifications and experience relevant to the job description requirements.
SUMMARY: Responsible for maintaining, cleaning, and disinfecting all areas of a facility. Perform basic cleaning, sanitation, and minor maintenance of an assigned building and associated grounds including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, polishing, trash removal, etc. Supervise evening custodial staff and secure facility at all times, to ensure a safe school and working environment. Provide high level customer service for school events and community activities including set-up/clean-up.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequency of duties, percent of time and work year may vary based on department or building assignment.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB TASKS:
1. Perform custodial duties such as cleaning, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, polishing and trash removal of classrooms, offices, cafeterias, computer labs, break rooms, bathrooms, locker rooms, hallways, entryways, gymnasiums, weight rooms and other areas of a facility including exterior grounds. Guide students and staff in the care and use of the facility.
2. Supervise and lead the work of night custodians. Motivate a diverse custodial staff to maintain a positive working environment and high quality work. Collaborate with Head Custodian to resolve issues, schedule work, plan projects, inspect the building and coordinate building activity needs. Assist Head Custodian with training, evaluation and daily work load of night custodians.
3. Interact with and assist students, staff, visitors and groups during and after regular school hours to ensure needs are met regarding building use. Receive, document, and coordinate building permits. Provide set up, tear down and cleaning after activities. Respond to requests, lastminute needs, unscheduled events, changes, etc. regarding building use. Move and set up furniture and equipment as requested.
4. Monitor and inspect building facility for safety and cleanliness. Maintain and make minor repairs to facility and troubleshoot and report areas requiring maintenance to supervisor. Notify building supervisor of hazardous or harmful situations.
5. Secure facility by locking doors, windows, and setting alarms. Monitor building security throughout shift.
6. Report supply and equipment needs to Head Custodian. Perform daily preventative maintenance of site custodial equipment.
7. Ensure proper use, identification, mixture and application of chemicals, including the requirements and use of Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
8. Remove snow and ice from sidewalks as needed to ensure safe egress to and from the building. 9. Comply with energy conservation procedures as outlined in the Sustainable Management System.
10. Attend work and arrive in a timely manner.
11. Perform special cleaning and assist with renovation projects. Operate large cleaning equipment and assist with floor maintenance and restoration as needed.
12. Respond as essential personnel in case of an emergency, weather or environment event, and/or school/facility/district closure.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or completion of G.E.D.
- At least one year of custodial experience required
- Customer service experience preferred
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Criminal background check required for hire
- Ability to successfully complete a post-offer, pre-employment physical examination
Questions regarding this posting can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org