Tutor for Walter Scott, Jr. College of Engineering, 2021-2022
Walter Scott, Jr. College of Engineering Tutor: Job Description: 2021-2022
The Walter Scott, Jr. College of Engineering (WSCOE) is currently looking for qualified Engineering tutors for the 2021-2022 academic year. At this time, we are accepting applications for BME students. The other positions have been filled by the priority deadline.
To apply for a tutoring position within the WSCOE, students must meet the following qualifications:
- Currently admitted as a full-time undergraduate student in the WSCOE
- Have successfully completed the courses for which tutoring services are being provided with a grade of an "A" or "B"
- Demonstrate knowledge and competence in the subject matter
- Have previous formal or informal tutoring experience and enjoy tutoring the subject for which services are being requested
- Ability to effectively explain concepts to others
- Ability to effectively communicate study strategies to others to assist in their academic success
- Work comfortably with people from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrate patience and a positive attitude in establishing an encouraging and supportive learning environment
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Providing individual and small group tutoring to WSCOE students utilizing active and collaborative learning strategies
- Offering assistance to students in their acquisition of new study skills
- Attend and participate in monthly staff meetings
- Maintain awareness of CSU and WSCOE resources and actively refer students to those resources as necessary
- Working in Academic Village 1-3 shifts per month, 3 hours each, depending on the position
- Maintain professional contact and communication with supervisor, tutoring peers, and CSU faculty/staff
- Participate in tutor training and other professional development trainings as required
One tutor will be hired from each of the following Engineering major categories:
- Biomedical Engineering
Please note that only Engineering majors should apply for these positions due to the specific nature of the courses for which tutoring is being requested.
Pay rate for this position is $13.00 per hour.
Hours: 2-4 per week
Start date: January 18, 2022
How to apply: Students interested in applying for a WSCOE Tutoring position should complete the online application through Handshake. If you have any questions or difficulty applying through Handshake, please email Chase at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for this position will be accepted on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. Priority will be given to applications received by the initial application deadline – Friday, December 3, 2021.
- Colorado State University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
"Benefit Information: Employee Benefit information can be found on HR’s Website, https://hr.colostate.edu/current-employees/benefits/ "