Student Radiology Tech Assistant, Trainee and On-Call Tech
The Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging section, in the Dept. of Environmental and Radiological Health Sciences at CSU is seeking student hourly help to provide small animal transport and holding of animals for X-ray and Ultrasound exams and to provide administrative help in the Radiology office.
Position is available for shifts weekdays, Monday-Friday 8 AM - 5 PM and/or in an on-call capacity, afterhours and weekends.
The position will start December 16, 2021 and will continue through fall and spring semesters and may include CSU breaks. Hours are variable depending on caseload. Training will be provided
The ideal candidates will:
- be available to be on-call, Monday - Friday 5 PM - 8 AM and Sat. & Sun. 8 AM - 8 AM
- have ability to work shifts Monday - Friday between the hours of 8 AM - 5 PM
- be available to work through the school year, including breaks and summer
- have the ability to lift patients to exam tables, 50 to 100 lbs
- demonstrate reliability and punctuality in coming to the Veterinary Teaching Hospital when called in.
- train to provide correct positioning for imaging exams and follow proper radiation safety
Required Skills -
- experience handling small animals
- demonstrate successful completion of Radiation Safety training and pass test once hired
Hourly Pay Rate:
- The weekday 8 AM - 5 PM shift - $13.00 per hour
- The training assignment - $13.00 per hour
- The On-call assignment - $20.05 per hour
How to Apply:
- Apply in Handshake and upload cover letter, resume and class schedule
Benefit Information: Employee Benefit information can be found on HR’s Website: https://hr.colostate.edu/current-employees/benefits/
Number of Openings: 1
Start Date: December 16, 2021
Background Check Information: Colorado State University may conduct background checks on all final candidates.