Youth Sport Camps Camp Counselors and Lifeguards
CSU Youth Sport Camps
We offer 16 summer-long, active lifestyle camps. From baseball to dance to multi-sport experiences, our camps offer something for everyone. Our goal is to ensure all our campers enjoy a fun-filled, active summer.
The majority of the YSC staff members are students at CSU. Counselors are selected for their teaching and coaching skills, sports knowledge, passion, and desire to make a difference in the lives of the campers.
- Seeking self-motivated, multi-tasking, organized, student employees who enjoy working with youth
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of specific sports or movement
- May work 40hrs/week, must be available M – F from 8:30am – 4:30pm
- It is not necessary to work every week, but full weeks are required
- Management of camp including creating camp itinerary, organizing equipment, running drills and games or matches, monitoring campers PA, TW, L, C, CT/PS
- Maintain confidentiality, be punctual, and communicate changes in work schedule PA
- Ability to work inclusively in a diverse setting TW
- Knowledge of specific sport or movement CD
- Demonstrate integrity, honesty, dependability, responsibility PA
- Playing or coaching experience in specific sport(s) or movement CD
- Work cohesively with other camp counselors TW
- Use available resources to manage campers and situations CT
- Demonstrate situational judgement, motivate and encourage participation to work towards a shared purpose L
Hourly Pay Rate: $13-$14/hr
Benefit Information: Employee Benefit information can be found on HR’s Website.
Number of Openings: 60
Start Date: May 25, 2022 6-10pm (Required Orientation), Camps begin May 31, 2022
Colorado State University may conduct background checks on all final candidates.
Applications should be submitted via this website: https://www.chhs.colostate.edu/hes-youth-sport-camps/about-our-staff/staff-application/