ECE Student Researcher
The Advanced Beam Lab in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering is seeking to fill several positions for student researchers to assist with research in the area of lasers and optics. For more information check www.lasers.colostate.edu.
The successful candidate must be able to work both individually and with others on their team and should be devoted to a learning environment. To excel in this role, candidates must be self-motivated, be able to multi-task, and demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills. The candidate will support the operation of equipment, will be involved in developing control software, in setting up experiments and in acquiring and analyzing data.
The position will run during the Spring 2022 semester. The students are expected to work 15-20 hours per week M-F during the Spring semester. There are possibilities to extend the position to the summer for a full-time appointment depending on funding and performance.
General responsibilities may include:
- Collaborate with the PI and other researchers to advance the body of knowledge in the field of lasers and optics TW, CT/PS, CD
- Apply knowledge from related courses to research CT/PS, C
- Ensure the lab environment is safe and clean PA
- Comply with state and university rules and regulations for research labs L
Position Minimum Requirements
· Registered CSU student in good standing with the university
· Familiarity with CAD design, electronics, optics, fundamentals of chemistry and physics, computer programming.
Position Preferred Qualifications
· Outstanding interpersonal skills
· Demonstrated interest in the area of lasers and optics
· Background in ECE, Physics, Chemistry, Engineering Science, or Mechanical Engineering and being enrolled in coursework at the junior year level. Exceptional candidates in their sophomore year will also be considered.
· Previous experience working on a project or in a lab setting
· 3.2+ GPA
Hourly Pay Rate : $12.32-12.50
Benefit Information: Employee Benefit information can be found on HR’s Website.
Number of Openings: 5
Start Date: January 30, 2022
Background Check Language: Colorado State University may conduct background checks on all final candidates.