Elementary School Teacher Librarians
Portland Public Schools is seeking Elementary School Teacher Librarians to run innovative library media programs to support learning and curriculum at the following locations: East End Community School, Rowe Elementary School, Reiche Elementary School, and a shared position between Longfellow Elementary School and Presumpscot Elementary School.
Under the general direction of the school principal, each librarian will plan, organize and administer the library media center program in the assigned school. The librarian serves as consultant, teacher and resource specialist to students and school staff regarding the development and utilization of library media center resources and services to enhance and support the school's curriculum and learning environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to work collaboratively with adults and children.
- Strong equity focus, awareness of personal bias and orientation of cultural humility, and a commitment to challenging personal perspectives and deepening self-awareness.
- Demonstrated conviction about high expectations for all students. Experience with culturally and linguistically responsive pedagogy.
- Ability to adapt to the evolving integration of STEM as part of the library.
- Experience working with diverse communities.
- Reflective and open to feedback.