Tier 1 Helpdesk Technician
- Seeking a self-motivated student employee to assist in providing technical support of software, hardware, classroom technology, printing and network problem resolution for the College of Agricultural Sciences’ faculty, staff and students.
- May work up to 15 hours/week with shifts being a 2 hour minimum. Summer availability preferred for pre-Fall semester training.
- Must be willing to work during Fall and Spring semesters.
- Serve as Tier 1 support for student and faculty/staff computer related issues at the helpdesk. -DP
- Maintain the cleanliness and functionality of the academic computer labs and academic classroom labs.
- Assist faculty and staff with the troubleshooting and repair of laptop/desktop computers and related peripherals. Escalate such issues as necessary. -DP/VC/CT/PS
- Assist students with printing, use of software, virtual desktops, and related peripherals. -DP/VC/CT/PS
- Assist the CAS IT staff with resolving and managing tickets in the Freshservice ticket tracking system. -V/WC
- Perform full setup and imaging of new computers with the Client Support Services Coordinator. -DP
- Maintain a professional and organized work environment. -PA
- Assumes additional responsibilities as may be determined by the Client Support Services Coordinator and/or the Helpdesk Manager. -CD
- Ability to manage one’s time effectively and to balance both job responsibilities and academic success. -PA
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage in a customer service environment. -V/WC
- Ability to proactively manage assigned workload and to execute tasks in a timely manner. -PA
- Willingness to learn and be a good team player. -TW/SR
- Experience using a ticketing system, such as Freshservice.
- Technical background specifically with Windows 10 and Mac operating systems.
- 1st or 2nd year student at the University.
Hourly Pay Rate: $13.25
Benefit Information: Employee Benefit information can be found on HR’s Website. https://hr.colostate.edu/new-colorado-leave-benefits/
Number of Openings: 1
Start Date: 07/01/2022
Background Check: Colorado State University may conduct background checks on all final candidates.