Environmental Engineer/Physical Scientist/Life Scientist - R7
This position is in Region 7, Superfund & Emergency Management Division.
The location will be determined after a selection has been made for the position; if selected, you must work at one of the locations stated in this announcement. The salary will be commensurate with the location
About Region 7.
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Determine appropriate cleanup actions, methods, and tools for toxic and hazardous waste sites.
- Direct contractual work efforts in cases where EPA must assume the cleanup duties to assure that federal funds are properly expended and that contractors are utilized effectively and efficiently.
- Monitor responsible party effort during remedial cleanups to assure compliance with all requirements of applicable regulations.
- Participate in or monitor enforcement activities.
- Perform community relations activities within a public forum.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses. NOTE: Career ladder promotions are not automatic, and all eligibility and qualifications requirements must be met in order to progress to the next grade level.
You will spend less than 25% of your work time on contracts, grants/cooperative agreements, and/or interagency agreements.
One or more positions may be filled (in the organization advertised and/or in other organizations).