Environmental Protection Specialist (Grants Project Officer)- R8
This position is in Region 8, Water Division, Technical and Financial Services Branch.
If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement.
About Region 8: Region 8
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Assist in development and implementation of stakeholder/EPA partnerships for environmental protection programs, including negotiation, facilitation, creation, and evaluation of specific agreements.
- Review contract activities related to the initiation, administration, and/or closeout of conventional or less complex contracts., including responsibility for monitoring performance.
- Assist project managers on ad hoc teams, dealing with competing demands and priorities.
- Prepare and issue solicitation documents to assist with simplified acquisition, sealed bidding, and/or negotiation methods to procure supplies, services, construction, and/or laboratory services.
- You will spend more than 50% of your work time on contracts, grants/cooperative agreements, and/or interagency agreements.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses. NOTE: Career ladder promotions are not automatic, and all eligibility and qualifications requirements must be met in order to progress to the next grade level.
One or more positions may be filled (in the organization advertised and/or in other organizations).