Build your future with WBI Energy Transmission.
Engineer I: Responsible for a variety of engineering tasks associated with a particular assignment in one of the engineering departments or field operating districts. Performs basic and entry level engineering and completes other tasks related to the support and development of the department.
Engineer II: Provides project supervision and applies standard engineering methods and techniques to solve problems.
Engineer III: Applies a broad range of engineering skills and techniques, leads projects, and provides direction to lower-level engineers.
Responsible for placing safety as #1 priority in day-to-day work routine for self and others.
Engineer I: Attained a Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline (ABET-approved preferred); or Bachelor’s degree in applicable engineering technology (ABET-approved preferred) and successfully passed Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Exam.
Engineer II: Engineer I qualifications plus two years’ experience in the engineering, operations, and maintenance and/or construction of natural gas facilities or related engineering field.
Engineer III: Engineer I qualifications plus five years' experience in the engineering, operations and maintenance and/or construction of natural gas facilities or related engineering field.
• Must take all measures necessary to protect networks, devices, programs and data from cyber-attack, damage or unauthorized access.
• Required to maintain a valid driver’s license.
• May be subject to the Company’s DOT Substance Abuse Testing Program.
• Requires travel: Moderate (25% - 50%
• Mechanical, civil, or chemical engineering degree.
• Experience in the oil and natural gas industry, specifically FERC-regulated facilities.
• Professional Engineer in one state in which WBI Energy operates.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Level of responsibility, as follows, will be based on level of position:
1. Supervise the design, material specification, and installation of construction/maintenance projects. Directly supervise contractor or company work crews assigned to a project.
2. Assist other staff engineers and staff engineering assistants in the development of engineering feasibility studies and other engineering related duties.
3. Prepare detailed cost estimates, construction authorizations, material requisitions, and accounting paperwork for construction and maintenance materials.
4. Perform engineering studies to determine the feasibility of new construction or methods to make existing facilities more efficient and enhance safety.
5. Assist in the development and modification of design, operation, and maintenance standards in accordance with applicable federal and state laws and rules, as well as industry codes and practices.
6. Assist in the preparation of annual budgets.
7. Perform any special tasks that may be assigned which will contribute to the achievement of the Company’s strategic objectives.