MANAGER III, SPECIAL EDUCATION PROGRAMS & SERVICES - SPECIAL EDUCATION - E124
For questions regarding the job posting or application, please call Human Resources at (559) 457-3500.
FUSD prohibits discrimination, harassment (including sexual harassment), intimidation, and bullying based on actual or perceived race, color, ethnicity, national origin, immigration status, ancestry, age (40 and above), religious creed, religion, political belief or affiliation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, mental or physical disability, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, childbirth, breastfeeding/lactation status, medical condition, military and veteran status, or association with a person or a group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics or any other basis protected by law or regulation, in its educational program(s) or employment. For questions or complaints, contact:
Title IX Coordinator - David Chavez, 2309 Tulare Street, (559) 457-3593,
Title 5 Compliance Officer - Teresa Plascencia, 2309 Tulare Street, (559) 457-3736,
Title II /ADA Coordinator - Andrew de la Torre, 2309 Tulare Street, (559) 457-3520,
Section 504 Coordinator- Sean Virnig, 1301 M Street, (559) 457-3227,
The Manager III, Special Education Program & Services is accountable for improving student achievement for Special Education Students and the effective management of an assigned area; plan, organize, control, and direct the special education programs of the district to provide students and families a variety of high quality learning options to ensure that each child obtains maximum benefit from the educational programs; work collaboratively with the Divisions of Curriculum and Instruction and School Support Services to develop effective instructional programs to meet the unique needs of individual students; supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel and provide clear constructive feedback to improve staff effectiveness.
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Special Education, the Program Manager III, School Psychological Services, will:
- Assist in organizing, developing, and designing the psychological services provided to school sites
- Coordinate and monitor psychological services to students including assessment, academic, behavioral support, counseling, and consulting
- Train and provide work direction and guidance to school psychologists and work collaboratively with other departmental staff regarding the implementation of multi-tiered systems of support
- Assist administration, staff, and parents in meeting the educational needs of all students
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of school psychologists
- Plan expenditures of funds for Psychological Services
- Supervise and assist in recruiting, selecting, and recommending for hiring of school psychologist personnel
- Monitor school psychologist caseloads to ensure the provision of effective and accountable services
- Assist with planning, coordinating, and facilitating meetings and professional development with school psychologists other school district personnel, and, in alignment with the NASP (2018) as follows:
- Promote adherence to high professional and ethical standards, ensure the delivery of appropriate, evidence-based services to students, and provide opportunities for constructive reflection and evaluation
- Ensure effective practices to support the educational attainment of all students
- Adheres national principles for professional practice and services…through an ongoing, positive, systematic, collaborative process
- Support practices consistent with NASP professional standards and ethical codes
- Increase accountability and enhance professional satisfaction for school psychologists
Any combination equivalent to: bachelor's degree and three years’ experience providing direct services to students with special needs including one year experience in a special education environment.
Valid California credential authorizing teaching or service in special education.
Valid Administrative Services Credential.
FOR QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL THE HUMAN RESOURCES HELP DESK AT (559) 457-3500.
TO APPLY FOR THE POSITION VISIT:
To view full job description, education requirements, and licenses for this position visit: