HR Policy Specialist Internship
1 position available in Washington, DC
Starting salary of the position:
- $61,947 (GS-09)
- $74,950 (GS-11)
- Individual who is enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an institution of higher education and pursuing a graduate degree on at least a part-time basis as determined by the academic institution. An institution of higher education is an entity defined by the Higher Education Act of 1965, in a section codified at 20 U.S.C. 1001(a).
To qualify for the GS-9-
Master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D., if related.
1 year equal or equivalent to the GS-7 identified below:
- Experience providing technical assistance on human resources laws or regulations such as recruitment and placement, position classification, employee benefits, or pay/compensation.
To qualify for the GS-11-
Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M., if related.
1 year equal or equivalent to the GS-09 identified below:
- Experience providing technical assistance to employees and/or management in a variety of human resources laws or regulations.
- Experience assisting in administering guidance on pay and leave; employee benefits; retirement or other human resources functional areas.
NOTE: Equivalent combinations of education and experience are qualifying for all grade levels for which both education and experience are acceptable.
This position has promotion potential to the GS-13.
- This announcement will be used to fill temporary appointment (for an initial period not to exceed 1 year), or a term appointment (for an initial period expected to last more than 1 year but less than 4 years), to coincide with the individual's academic curriculum and calendar.
Conversion to Permanent Workforce:
Post-secondary students can be converted to a permanent appointment in the competitive service, prior to their expiration date within the agency, without further competition. The student must have completed the course of study leading to a graduate degree, has completed at least 640 hours of current continuous employment, meets the qualification standards for the position to which converted and must meet time in grade requirements.
This position is approved for occasional telework. The number of telework days approved is determined by the agency policy, emergency situations, the approval of your immediate supervisor, and if applicable, approval of additional officials. You are required to report to the office on a regular basis since this is not a full-time telework position, or approved as a remote work position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and unofficial transcript to FHWACareers@dot.gov by June 8, 2022.