Marketing and PR Manager
TreeFolks is an Austin-based nonprofit organization with a mission to empower Central Texans to build stronger communities through planting and caring for trees. TreeFolks seeks a Marketing and PR Manager, who will contribute to the organization’s mission by serving as the nonprofit communications and marketing expert with a specific focus on high-level strategy, media relations, managing marketing partnerships, plus providing oversight of annual communications planning, budget monitoring and support of a dynamic communications team.
The person we intend to add to our active and inclusive team is a self-motivated, innovative, experienced, and fun-loving professional who is inspired by our vision to plant another million trees in Central Texas. The ideal candidate has significant experience with strategic communications, administrative functions, expertise in mission-based communications management, and English and Spanish language proficiency. Please see below for a full description of responsibilities and qualifications.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
● Create communications and marketing strategy to guide staff, board, and partners in representing the TreeFolks brand and reaching strategic and contract-determined goals.
● Lead annual operational planning, budgeting, and goal-setting processes, and take part in regular program evaluations, budget monitoring, and progress assessments of annual goals.
● Ensure that TreeFolks’ style guide is up to date and that mission, programs, products, and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive manner.
● Cultivate relationships with new and existing media contacts and community partners to raise visibility of TreeFolks and our work.
● Contribute to communications and marketing efforts with donors, sponsors, and partners as needed, including fundraising campaigns, events, and acknowledgements.
● Coordinate with other staff to ensure contract, grant, and sponsorship commitments are being fulfilled.
● Serve as staff liaison to the TreeFolks Communications Committee and coordinate involvement of other staff and the TreeFolks Board.
● Provide oversight and support for the Communications Team to ensure cohesive, consistent, and productive operations.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
● Significant experience with strategic communications planning and development, and monitoring a brand style guide in a nonprofit setting.
● A strong background in administrative functions, such as budgeting, planning, and evaluation.
● A proven ability to manage and motivate a dynamic staff and serve as both a leader and contributor in a team setting.
● Demonstrated expertise in mission-based communications management, social media, experiential marketing, media relations, and partnership building.
● Comfortable speaking about TreeFolks with diverse groups and individuals in a variety of settings.
● Availability to work on Saturdays, particularly during the planting season (October through March), and occasionally in the evenings.
● English and Spanish language proficiency in written and spoken communications.
● Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
● Patience, professionalism, and a sense of humor.
This is a full time, permanent position offering a competitive compensation package with health benefits, generous vacation time, flexible schedule, a casual work environment, and professional development opportunities. The starting salary range begins at $54,500 and will be based on experience and qualifications, with opportunity to grow in the position. TreeFolks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply, email a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line
Application deadline: July 10, 2022
Anticipated start date: August 2022 (flexible)