Construction Equipment Operator-CL 2022-00853
Come Join the Portland Bureau of Transportation or Portland Parks and Recreation as a Construction Equipment Operator's. Construction Equipment Operators are skilled positions that are crucial in helping the Bureau's meet their goals in construction and maintenance.
What you’ll get to do:
- Loading and unloading a variety of heavy-duty motorized equipment
- Operating a variety of heavy-duty motorized construction equipment such as backhoes, dozers, front-end loaders, road graders, cold mining machines, paving equipment (such as asphalt rollers) and recycling equipment (such as rock crushers)
- Safe, skillful, and efficient use of the machines to build or repair streets, sidewalks, water lines, and sewers, or in assisting on other City construction projects
- Service and make minor repairs on their machines as needed
- Assignments involve responsibility for the safe operation of others working in conjunction with the equipment and occasionally directing the work of unskilled or semi-skilled helpers.