Student Administrative Assistant: Student Case Management & Referral Coordination
The student administrative assistant will gain a thorough understanding of services offered through the Student Case Management and Referral Coordination Office. The student administrative assistant will provide front desk coverage and support while handling highly confidential information. The student administrative assistant can expect to gain:
- Extensive knowledge of campus and community resources
- Exposure to the field of Student Affairs
- Professional office experience
- Problem solving in a fast-paced environment
- Opportunity to develop and utilize emotional intelligence skills
Hours dependent on work-study amount (generally between 10-12 hrs/week) and determined by your supervisor with attention to class and academic priorities.
- Must be willing to work during fall and spring semester, breaks off or negotiable, summer off.
- Flexible within business hours - Monday through Friday 9:00 am – 5:00pm. Employees will work in the office (no remote work available). Must work at least two shifts per week.
Job Duties/Responsibilities (link to associated career competencies). Career Competencies: Information about career competencies can be found: https://career.colostate.edu/employer-resources/career-competencies/
- Serve as a front desk member, answering phones, and greeting people when they walk in (V/WC)
- Field front desk inquires and route appropriately (includes transferring calls, taking detailed and accurate phone messages, scheduling appointments (V/WC, PA, TW, CT/PS, SR, GC)
- Maintain confidentiality, be punctual and communicate changes in work schedule (PA)
- Prioritize responsibilities to serve students/CSU community appropriately and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work inclusively in a diverse setting (L, TW)
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Use of Microsoft Suite for scheduling and data entry/tracking, and marketing (DP)
- Sending appointment reminders and meeting links (PA, TW. DP)
- Keeping reception desk, break room, and storeroom organized
- Updating supply inventory and supply inventory updated
- Case manager support as necessary (TW, CT/PS, CD)
Special Projects may include:
- Tracking responsibilities and data entry (DP)
- Community and campus resource research (L, C, CT/PS, GC)
- Career and professional development training (L, CD, SR, GC)
- SNAP4Rams marketing and Basic Needs Ambassador outreach (may include tabling, social media, student/community partner outreach) (TW, C, CT/PS, GC)
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills (V/WC, PA, CT/PS, SR, GC)
- Demonstrated ability to work both individually and as a team (PA, TW, L, C)
- Effective professional communication and interpersonal skills (V/WC)
- Possess a commitment to working with diverse populations, identities, and experiences (SR, GC)
- Ability to process information effectively in a fast-paced professional environment (DP, CT/PS)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Work independently and efficiently (CT)
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite (DP)
Candidates will be contacted to complete an interview beginning the week of August 8th until the position is filled. Colorado State University may conduct background checks on all final candidates
Colorado State University may conduct background checks on final candidates
Benefit Information: Employee Benefit information can be found on Hrs Website - https://hr.colostate.edu/current-employees/benefits/.
This is a work-study position; applicant must be eligible for work-study to apply.
Pay Range: $12.75- $13.25/hour
Number of Openings: 3
Start Date: 08/15/2023