SP23 Engineering Success Center Front Desk Team Member
NEW! ---1 position open for the Spring 2023 semester---
Preference will be given to those who apply first, and can fill the scheduling needs.
Tuesdays 8:00 - 10:00 a.m.
Wednesdays 9:30 - 2:30 p.m.
Initial training and 2 monthly meetings
****Please attached your SP23 school schedule showing your availability.********
An Engineering Success Center (ESC) Front Desk Team member represents the Walter Scott College of Engineering (WSCOE) and often is the first point of contact for future engineering students. Team members support the work of the Academic Student Affairs (ASA) office regarding engineering student success. Areas of support include recruitment activities, academic advising, diversity programs, scholarships and career readiness.
Types of duties performed:
- Assist prospective and current engineering students, engineering staff, faculty, parents, industry leaders and other guest in person, through email, telephone or a web chat feature providing them with information or directing them to the correct staff.
- Create and edit documents using MS Word and PowerPoint. Manipulate or format data using MS Excel. Use a wide variety of desktop and online software.
- Create, upload, and monitor informational slides for the Engineering TV screens, take inventory of office supplies, manage technology peripherals, assist others with technology, file management, process incoming packages, and a myriad of other non-specific duties.
Career Competencies desired:
- Personal accountability
- Digital proficiency
- Verbal and written communication
- Inclusive teamwork
- Critical thinking/problem solving
- Career Development
- Must be available to work pre-agree upon scheduled hours when the office is open Monday - Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm. , except for CSU holidays
- Must be available to job shadow and receive training in advance of start date
- Must be willing to abide by ASA Department Code of Conduct, to include dress code
- Must attend mandatory meetings and trainings
- Must be an undergraduate engineering student
- Works study is desired
Minimum GPA of 2.5 required
How to apply: Students interested in applying for a WSCOE ESC Front Desk position should complete the online application through Handshake. If you have any questions or difficulty applying through Handshake, please email Estelle at: Estelledavalos.email@example.com.
Applications for this position will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Colorado State University conducts background checks on all final candidates before hiring.-
"Benefit Information: Employee Benefit information can be found on HR’s Website, https://hr.colostate.edu/current-employees/benefits/ "