Human Resources Intern (Oil & Gas Business)
Oxy is an international energy company with assets in the United States, Middle East, Africa, and Latin America. We are one of the largest oil producers in the U.S., including a leading producer in the Permian and DJ basins, and offshore Gulf of Mexico. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. Visit oxy.com for more information.
Oxy strives to attract and retain talented employees by investing in their professional development and providing rewarding opportunities for personal growth. Our goal is to meet the highest employer standards by ensuring the health and safety of our employees, protecting the environment and positively impacting our communities where we do business.
Oxy’s Summer Intern Program runs from May to August for a full 12 weeks. As an Oxy intern, you will have the opportunity to experience real-life projects with hands-on participation in Oxy’s core businesses. Your summer project will be designed to add value to our operations while providing an opportunity to observe your skills and competencies in action. Oxy interns are paired with a manager and mentor in order to provide guidance throughout the project timeline. In addition to attending training and development courses, lunch and learns, field trips, and social activities, interns will be given the chance to meet with Oxy executives and leadership throughout the internship. Click here for more information about the intern program.
- Competitive salary
- Begin investing to your 401(K) and Retirement on your first day with combined 14% company matching
- Relocation Assistance and/or fully-furnished Corporate Housing provided, if applicable
- 9/80 Work Schedule. Enjoy a 3-day weekend every other week!
- Hybrid work schedule
Essential Job Duties:
You will support our dynamic and fast-paced Human Resources Department. Typical assignments may include:
- Talent Sourcing & Selection Process
- Employee Engagement
- Employee & Leadership Learning & Development
- HR Metrics
- System Data Integrity Analysis
- Organizational Design
- HR Information Systems
- Workforce Planning
- Candidates pursuing a Bachelors in Human Resources Management, Business Management, Industrial & Labor Relations, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, or related field
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA overall and in major
- Must be open to relocating to Houston, Texas for the summer and flexible in future location requirements
- Proactive and results-driven individual who has high learning agility and is resourceful and innovative.
- Leadership aptitude, including the ability to collaborate and establish strong partnerships with stakeholders in the business and HR teams
- Strong Excel skills; ability to manipulate and analyze data using pivot tables, v-lookups, and Excel formulas
- Pursuing a Master’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development or related field with a graduation date in December 2023 - May 2024
- Strong analytical capabilities, advanced statistics skills, leverages data to generate insights and drive evidence-based recommendations
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.