Early Childhood Paraprofessional (Off-Campus Work Study)
Cache La Poudre Elementary (3511 West County Road 54G, LaPorte, CO 80535), located 7 miles from campus, is looking for current CSU students to serve as early childhood paraprofessionals. This position is great for someone who is interested in working with ages 3-5. This role will be Monday-Thursday and flexible around your class schedule!
This is an off-campus work study position; applicant must be eligible for need-based work-study to apply.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the classroom early childhood teacher with implementing instruction and reinforcing learning skills in one-on-one, small, and/or large groups of children ages 3 - 5. Implement and support the early childhood teacher’s instruction plan, including assisting with the development of the academic and social/emotional instructional content, format, classroom environment and daily schedule for morning and afternoon classrooms
- Support the classroom teacher in the assessment of children formally using Teaching Strategies GOLD three times a year and on an ongoing informal basis through the development of anecdotes, portfolios and the use of classroom assessments.
- Assist teacher in preparing classroom materials, completing paperwork, maintaining files and documenting student achievement.
- Monitor students in classroom and during, recess, on field trips, getting on and off the bus, etc. Reinforce classroom rules and expectations and implement behavioral techniques and methods appropriate to students’ circumstances.
- Support the classroom teacher in communicating the child’s daily progress with parents or other staff who work with the child.
- Assist early childhood teacher and/or administration with special projects.
- Attend work and arrive in a timely manner.
- Attend appropriate in-services, building meetings, training, IEP meetings, parent conferences, school functions and/or home visits (Head Start families).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The candidate should:
- Demonstrate professionalism, dependability, and a positive attitude
- Be energetic, enthusiastic, and an initiative taker
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills
- Have prior experience working with children (in a school setting preferred)
- This is a work-study position; must have a need-based work-study award to apply. For questions about work-study or eligibility, please email StudentEmployment@colostate.edu
Poudre School District will complete a background check on all selected applicants
To apply, please email Colleen Worman (Assistant Principal, Cache La Poudre Elementary) at email@example.com a copy of the confirmation of 22-23 work-student award, a current resume, and a copy of your fall 2022 class schedule.
Applicants will only be considered if ALL of these items are submitted.